Applications and Interviews for Summer 2012 Cycle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the whole point of their supplemental is that you don't prep for it at all, and they want you to think on your feet. It's definitely nerve-wracking while you're doing it, but the nice thing is that once it's over, it's over! But let me tell you, those 20 min per question go fast...I would definitely END your rambling by 17 min at the latest and take the last few min to read it over.

plus its a 250 word limit per answer? I think it was. So when I started rambling and writing next thing I know im out of space, so you have to be short and concise. It says in the instructions they arent concerned with grammar or organization, they just want you to write and express openly your thoughts.

Thanks for the replies every one! Really appreciate it. I don't think you gave anything away...it's just nice to know that I need to sit down in a quiet place, with a clear head and my writing brain turned on.

I love all these Pre-PA forums. It's comforting to know that we're entering a community with such camaraderie.

I love them too. Sadly tho I am stuck waiting another 4-6 weeks to even know if I have an interview!!! So I stalk these pages all day :) but yes I love the camaraderie that students seem to have. The classes aren't really a everyone for themselves it seems like the whole class sinks or swims together and they all help each other which I love that about PA school

Someone removed the post I was referring to so I must not have been the only one to think it was giving too much away. It's not that the questions are unique and unpredictable as much as it says specifically in the instructions not to tell other applicants what is on it. It only disadvantages you and other applicants who didn't have the questions prior to completing a timed application.

UPAP doesn't do a rolling application. Meaning, they wait until after the deadlines have passed before they go through and score the applications and make decisions. Since the CASPA processing deadline is Sept 24, it stands to reason that no one will hear anything until early October, which is what the email I received from them said. So, it'll be a little over a month before any of us hear anything.

• 1 month later...

Based on my forum-stalking from previous cycles, I have determined that most of the interviews/rejections get emailed on Fridays about 3-4 weeks prior to interview dates....so by my calculations we should hear tomorrow!! Crossing my fingers for good news. My husband is already getting annoyed with me for checking my emails so compulsively.

Archived