University of Oklahoma - OKC 2021-2022 Cycle

Guest PNT9600

4 hours ago, shelbyff87 said:

let us know how it goes! 🙂 I am attending the Dec 10th tour! 

It was really informative,  I'm so glad I went.

The students are really upfront, encouraging and approachable.  

Take questions because you'll have a lot of opportunity to ask anything you like!

They feed you at the end,  which I didn't realize they would,  nice touch. 

27 minutes ago, lizjackson35 said:

Take questions because you'll have a lot of opportunity to ask anything you like!

That is so awesome! I am excited. Was it 9-12 like the email stated? 

On 12/6/2021 at 3:23 PM, lizjackson35 said:

What did you/others wear? I am overthinking the “comfortable professional” attire 😂

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, MAchasingPAinOK said:

What did you/others wear? I am overthinking the “comfortable professional” attire 😂

Don't fret. 

I wore dark wash "dressier" blue jeans with a blazer and black blouse. I wore dressier converse shoes for comfortable walking and a bit of "flair?" Lol . I was comfortable and fit in fine. There were a couple guys in suits and it looked nice but totally unnecessary. 

The faculty wore khakis, button up shirts, regular business dress for women and the current students were in their scrubs. 

Have fun and soak up the info,  that's really why you are there!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, I am traveling and couldn’t make it to the tour. Did you meet the whole class or they had a couple of students for answering questions? 

5 hours ago, SJ2020 said:

Thanks for the info, I am traveling and couldn’t make it to the tour. Did you meet the whole class or they had a couple of students for answering questions? 

During the tour you have a couple students (1st yr) walk around and do the tour with you.  It was great because you could ask casual questions and get a feel for how they liked the program. After the tour you go to a "student panel" where there are 5 or 6 (different 1st yr) students answering a pre selected set of questions. Once those are over, the floor was opened to other questions for the students and then you had a chance to question much of the faculty. 

I'm so sorry you missed it!

19 hours ago, lizjackson35 said:

Don't fret. 

I wore dark wash "dressier" blue jeans with a blazer and black blouse. I wore dressier converse shoes for comfortable walking and a bit of "flair?" Lol . I was comfortable and fit in fine. There were a couple guys in suits and it looked nice but totally unnecessary. 

The faculty wore khakis, button up shirts, regular business dress for women and the current students were in their scrubs. 

Have fun and soak up the info,  that's really why you are there!

I am really overthinking the shoe part of it since there will be so much walking. Would you say quite a few other people were in more casual shoes or even sneakers? Or were most wearing dress shoes? 

1 minute ago, shelbyff87 said:

I am really overthinking the shoe part of it since there will be so much walking. Would you say quite a few other people were in more casual shoes or even sneakers? Or were most wearing dress shoes? 

You really are. 

Here's pictures of the ones like I remember seeing MOST. 

I also saw a couple pairs of sneakers.. I wore dressier converse style shoes (had puppies on them) with the dark jeans and did not feel out of place. I just made sure to be dressier on the top half. 

I did see some girls wearing heels and felt bad for them, saw some sandles too.. but it was very cold. 

Screenshot_20211209-083929_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211209-083811_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SJ2020 said:

8 hours ago, lizjackson35 said:

During the tour you have a couple students (1st yr) walk around and do the tour with you.  It was great because you could ask casual questions and get a feel for how they liked the program. After the tour you go to a "student panel" where there are 5 or 6 (different 1st yr) students answering a pre selected set of questions. Once those are over, the floor was opened to other questions for the students and then you had a chance to question much of the faculty. 

I'm so sorry you missed it!

That sounds very organized! I definitely missed it. I appreciate your reply 😊

• 2 weeks later...