University of Oklahoma - OKC 2021-2022 Cycle

Guest PNT9600

I totally understand,  the anxiety is palpable.  I am still taking classes and making sure I stay busy and it does help. (Not saying you're not) but keep up your volunteering, I started helping out at the local animal shelter in May and now I think it is more therapeutic for me than the animals themselves! I try to keep my phone away from me during those times and when I'm working out, or if I'm with my family. At this point I've (and I'm sure you are no different) done all I can do and it's up to their process.  

But man... you are right, the waiting has been the worst part- and there have been some pretty terrible parts!

They did say on an info session that they try to let everyone know something by Thanksgiving. 

Just a few more sleeps...we can do it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lizjackson35 said:

I totally understand,  the anxiety is palpable.  I am still taking classes and making sure I stay busy and it does help. (Not saying you're not) but keep up your volunteering, I started helping out at the local animal shelter in May and now I think it is more therapeutic for me than the animals themselves! I try to keep my phone away from me during those times and when I'm working out, or if I'm with my family. At this point I've (and I'm sure you are no different) done all I can do and it's up to their process.  

But man... you are right, the waiting has been the worst part- and there have been some pretty terrible parts!

They did say on an info session that they try to let everyone know something by Thanksgiving. 

Just a few more sleeps...we can do it!

I’m in my gap year and recently, I’ve been traveling a lot since it is something that I have always wanted to do. Most days it helps but other days it causes a lot of anxiety because I ask myself if I should be doing more right now. However, I worked for a hospital during the Covid spike and during the vaccine roll out and it took a severe toll on me mentally. I needed a break before starting PA school. 
Sorry for the random rant haha. I’m just glad someone else understands how stressful this is. 

12 hours ago, vert05 said:

I’m in my gap year and recently, I’ve been traveling a lot since it is something that I have always wanted to do. Most days it helps but other days it causes a lot of anxiety because I ask myself if I should be doing more right now. However, I worked for a hospital during the Covid spike and during the vaccine roll out and it took a severe toll on me mentally. I needed a break before starting PA school. 
Sorry for the random rant haha. I’m just glad someone else understands how stressful this is. 

That is smart, to take a break! Don't worry you are not alone in this. 
Covid really has done a number on a lot of us, especially on the front lines. Keep your head up, we will keep in touch!

Has anyone check their checklist status? does it still say...

OUHSC Admission Checklist 2022
  • Application - Completed on __
  • Physician Assc Application Fee - Received on __
  • App Fee - Medicine $50.00 - Received on __

I haven't heard anything so wondering if my app was actually completed or not. I know that Debbie saidonce they download our app we would know. I am assuming they haven't started reviewing apps yet??

2 hours ago, FUTUREPAAA2022 said:

Has anyone check their checklist status? does it still say...

OUHSC Admission Checklist 2022
  • Application - Completed on __
  • Physician Assc Application Fee - Received on __
  • App Fee - Medicine $50.00 - Received on __

I haven't heard anything so wondering if my app was actually completed or not. I know that Debbie saidonce they download our app we would know. I am assuming they haven't started reviewing apps yet??

Mine still says the same thing as well. It also says application status pending. Consider the application deadline was just under a month ago, I’m sure they’ve downloaded applications and we just do not have access to that information. 

Hi guys, 

I was going through my old emails today and found an old discussion that I had with Debbie Shell. She is the PA advisor that is listed on our supplemental application. In the email she states that...

The PA program offices will review applications and select candidates for interviews after the October 1 deadline. They’ll contact candidates by phone or e-mail for interviews in early November for interviews the first week of January. Until then, your application status will remain pending.

Hopefully we will only have to wait a few more days to about a week before we start hearing some good news. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, vert05 said:

Hi guys, 

I was going through my old emails today and found an old discussion that I had with Debbie Shell. She is the PA advisor that is listed on our supplemental application. In the email she states that...

The PA program offices will review applications and select candidates for interviews after the October 1 deadline. They’ll contact candidates by phone or e-mail for interviews in early November for interviews the first week of January. Until then, your application status will remain pending.

Hopefully we will only have to wait a few more days to about a week before we start hearing some good news. 

Thanks for that info! Is this program rolling admissions?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SarahKat said:

Has anyone gotten an invite yet? I figured they'd send them late November or sometime during December but I'm not exactly sure

I haven't heard anything, which means one of three things, I didn't make the cut, they haven't started calling, or they've started calling (or emailing) and haven't gotten to me yet.  I'm hoping for the second or third! 

Every info session I attended,  we were told that we would know where we stand by Thanksgiving. 

I'm starting this week like the last several,  "maybe this week"...

Good luck to you!!

6 hours ago, lizjackson35 said:

I haven't heard anything, which means one of three things, I didn't make the cut, they haven't started calling, or they've started calling (or emailing) and haven't gotten to me yet.  I'm hoping for the second or third! 

Every info session I attended,  we were told that we would know where we stand by Thanksgiving. 

I'm starting this week like the last several,  "maybe this week"...

Good luck to you!!

Same, fingers crossed its the second/third option too! Good luck!

29 minutes ago, Satwood said:

Has anyone heard anything? I checked my spam emails and everything and not even a confirmation email that they received my application. CASPA confirmed all my applications were submitted. Just getting worried 

Go to your application portal on the ou website (where you filled out the supplemental) and go to "returning user" to log in.  As long as you see "pending" and when you click "checklist", and under "service indicators " there is nothing pending that they need from you, you should be gtg. 

But in answer to your question, I haven't heard anything either.  And you won't hear anything from them unless they needed something from you after submitting.  The only program that emailed me to let me know my app was "complete " was OSU. Hope that helps!

Good luck!

Edited by lizjackson35
  • Thanks 1

Hey everyone! I went back through the last several years on the forum to see, historically, when people were getting interview calls. Unfortunately, it is pretty all over the map for November. The earliest date I saw was from 2018, on Nov.8th. The latest date I saw was Dec. 3rd, from 2019. 
The last two years the dates ranged from 11/11-11/30, with a greater trend toward 11/16 and later. 

Keep your heads up!

• Thanks 1