Pre req advice

I only have about 2 semesters left of my undergrad degree and was hoping I could get some advice on my situation. So I have a weird living situation where I am going to school 2.5 hours north of me because they have a very good Exercise physiology program within the school of Medicine. I chose this for the goal of later doing PA program. I am splitting rent with my brother who lives here and he is possibly going to finish a semester before me and move a few hours away for his job. By this time however I should only have a few pre reqs left such as Microbiology and maybe organic chem 2. I was wondering what I should do? My friend told me that admissions committees will look down on me if they see I have several classes from other colleges and would look at me as “taking the easy way out” and not want me in their program but I feel like it would be absolutely insane to take out a lease to go into more debt for 8 hours of classes when I could take them for half the price at a local community college in my home town. I was wondering if anyone could give me any opinions, this is a very stressful situation for me.

Not part of any admissions committee, but I am a first year PA student and I don't think there is any problem with doing a couple prerecs at another school! I did a ton of classes at a community college (my paramedic classes and pathophys) and did the rest at my 4 year college, and I don't think the programs I applied to cared too much! Do well in the classes and that's what they want to see above all else! 

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I completed most science courses at CC (bear in mind I kept my grades decent) and I currently have a couple interviews scheduled as a first time applicant. I would infer from that this doesn't outweigh the holistic factors of you, nor does it seem to make any difference for many programs. You might want to look at FAQs to see if they mention it in your selected programs.

My rookie advice: get good grades no matter what and tell them you did whatever you had to do within your resources available to ensure you met the academic requirements of the program you applied to, if they even bring it up. Take a look at syllabus' to make sure they are the right class, etc. 

I echo what was said above. I had credits from 8 different colleges, was offered interviews at 10/12 schools I applied to and had 4/4 acceptances of the interviews I attended. Being well rounded helps. It is hard to say how this will affect you without knowing more about you, but, in general, if you are well-rounded, get good grades, and have dedication to the profession it shouldn't matter all that much.

A good PA program would understand that it is okay to not take a 'traditional' route to your degree.