What were your stats

Thanks, I already saw that though. I was just wondering because some of those GPAs and HCE are kinda low so I just wanted to hear from specific students. Like there must have been something very special about the person with only 3 months HCE

I just got selected for a Sep interview here are my stats:

I'm 28 years old

GRE - verb: 152 quant: 156 writing: 4

B.S and M.S in criminal justice

Prior Military

Lots and lots of shadow hours (PA's, MD's, ARNP) and lots of work hours

3.7 GPA overall, I had to retake chem1 because it had been 10 years since I took it, I got a C the first time but it still counted in my science GPA which brought it down but they take all that into account I got an A the second time I took it. Otherwise I got A's on all the listed UF pre-reqs except for a B+in AP1

Narrative is a big one as well as the rec letters.

Hope that helps

If you are low in some areas you definitely have to make up for it in other areas. I would say paid work experience, number of hours, narrative, and rec letters can offset lower scholastic achievements if they are really good. Also a few B's and a C can be offset by the difficulty of the course load. As was said, it really is the whole person concept.

I am not really low in any areas. I just finished my AA degree with a 3.883. All A's in pre-reqs and sciences. I am going to get my bachelors in sociology & take a few extra classes like immunology, pharmacology, and medical ethics. I am going to work as hard as I need to in order to get a 4.0. I have close to 1000 hrs volunteering at a fire station & I am currently in a CNA course to get a job as a CNA. I volunteered at a hospital for over 200 hrs at the front desk. I shadowed an ER PA and CRNA for one day each. I am probably going to join a pre-pa club next year when I actually start going to campus to take my classes (the next 2 semesters are fully online). I also was a citizen schoalor when I graduated with my AA degree (an award for my volunteer services that not many people receive). Obviously since I still have some time I have not taken my GRE or anything yet

• 5 weeks later...

Archived