UW Madison 2021-2022 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, capa12 said:

Did you check your spam? That was where my decision was!

Good point, but just checked and nothing! The initial email specifically stated notifications would be sent out the third week of December. But on the other hand, some people found out in early December, so maybe it’s not a concrete timeline.

2 hours ago, PrePA12311 said:

Anyone have any interview tips from current students (specifically for the MPAS-MPH Program)? I know people have said "they just want to get to know you" but wondering if there are any specific topics I should brush up upon. Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone interviewing this cycle! Can't wait. 

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. please do share with me as well and I will do the same!

Hello all. Congratulations to those who received interview invites! For those who didn't...if being a PA is still your dream, please keep trying!

I'm a current student in year 2 of 3 of the traditional distance program. I'm happy to shed some light on the interview at UW. As mentioned above, the program really is trying to get to know the applicant interviewing. They want to see if they are a good fit for the program and would be a good representative of the program in the community and during clinical rotations. They want to get to know you as a person and see if you're likeable and pleasant to work with considering you're in the program for 2-3 years depending on education track. 

I personally think the question you should think about leading up to your interview is "tell us about yourself." The faculty isn't looking for you to regurgitate your CASPA application, although you should be able to speak to it if asked. However, if there is something really unique about your application or your experiences thus far, share it! The faculty is interested in learning about what motivates you to be a PA, your journey to PA up to this point, and why UW in particular. 

You'll probably get asked some of the standard interview questions too, so be thinking about how you might answer those without sounding rehearsed. Unless they've changed the format of the interview, UW doesn't do the MMI style of interviewing. It's typically been each candidate does 2 separate 15 minute sessions with 2 faculty members at each session. 

Just be yourself and it'll go great! 

DM me if you have any particular questions and I'll try to address them. Good luck!

3 hours ago, jcPA19 said:

Hello all. Congratulations to those who received interview invites! For those who didn't...if being a PA is still your dream, please keep trying!

I'm a current student in year 2 of 3 of the traditional distance program. I'm happy to shed some light on the interview at UW. As mentioned above, the program really is trying to get to know the applicant interviewing. They want to see if they are a good fit for the program and would be a good representative of the program in the community and during clinical rotations. They want to get to know you as a person and see if you're likeable and pleasant to work with considering you're in the program for 2-3 years depending on education track. 

I personally think the question you should think about leading up to your interview is "tell us about yourself." The faculty isn't looking for you to regurgitate your CASPA application, although you should be able to speak to it if asked. However, if there is something really unique about your application or your experiences thus far, share it! The faculty is interested in learning about what motivates you to be a PA, your journey to PA up to this point, and why UW in particular. 

You'll probably get asked some of the standard interview questions too, so be thinking about how you might answer those without sounding rehearsed. Unless they've changed the format of the interview, UW doesn't do the MMI style of interviewing. It's typically been each candidate does 2 separate 15 minute sessions with 2 faculty members at each session. 

Just be yourself and it'll go great! 

DM me if you have any particular questions and I'll try to address them. Good luck!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help us future students navigate the interview process. Very much appreciated- thank you! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 1:36 PM, Ribyy said:

Any update for being pulled off waitlist?

How are interviews going for people who are not on waitlist?! 

What we were told was that the last round of interviews occur the last week of January. After the last interviews, the committee meets and selects the class. Decisions should be mailed out by the first week of February.  My assumption is that after the deadline to put a deposit down for a spot in the class passes, they will then evaluate whether or not they will be pulling from their waitlists.

Good luck to all!! Can't wait to find out!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 3:59 PM, FuturePAgirl29 said:

They said they will send us information on class schedules and housing etc. when the class is confirmed and we haven’t gotten that yet. Hopefully that’s helpful for those on the waitlist!

To update those wondering- we got the email today saying the class is full.