Utah Valley University (UVU) 2021 - 2022 Cycle

15 minutes ago, Jbear said:

UVU has received provisional Accreditation!

Just curious, what is your source or where did you hear this? I just checked the ARC-PA website and nothing has been updated. Neither has the UVU website. That’s great news if this is correct. 

Edited by buttercakes

So excited to hear they got provisional status! I'm really excited about this program. I'm from Massachusetts and I want to get out and explore the country. I find that so many programs favor students from their state (rightfully so) but I was really happy to read that UVU is actually LOOKING for out of state students! Does anyone know when they're going to start reviewing applications?

2 hours ago, Mjf52 said:

So excited to hear they got provisional status! I'm really excited about this program. I'm from Massachusetts and I want to get out and explore the country. I find that so many programs favor students from their state (rightfully so) but I was really happy to read that UVU is actually LOOKING for out of state students! Does anyone know when they're going to start reviewing applications?

Im sure it will be soon after the caspa verified deadline of August 16th.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, browens3pa said:

Im sure it will be soon after the caspa verified deadline of August 16th.

Yeah they interview in September, and they still have to review people they invite to do the video questions and decide who to interview out of that group. So I am guessing they are gonna be reviewing pretty quickly. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/23/2021 at 11:54 AM, Zildjian311 said:

Has anyone received the Kira talent video invite yet? 

According to their website, they will start sending out interview invites via email on September 1st! I would assume the Kira Talent video assessment emails would be sent out before then so hopefully we'll start hearing something in the next few weeks!

32 minutes ago, EmC2297 said:

According to their website, they will start sending out interview invites via email on September 1st! I would assume the Kira Talent video assessment emails would be sent out before then so hopefully we'll start hearing something in the next few weeks!

Hey, so I actually called them and they told me they haven't sent those out yet and they're planning on trying to get them out by the 3rd week in August! So yes, that's about after the deadline for CASPA so that makes sense. They also told me that they only had about 500 people apply so that's comforting. I thought it was going to be about 3,000 applying. Hope we all get an invite! 

• Upvote 2

On 7/31/2021 at 10:54 AM, Zildjian311 said:

Hey, so I actually called them and they told me they haven't sent those out yet and they're planning on trying to get them out by the 3rd week in August! So yes, that's about after the deadline for CASPA so that makes sense. They also told me that they only had about 500 people apply so that's comforting. I thought it was going to be about 3,000 applying. Hope we all get an invite! 

This is so good to know, thank you! And yes so nice that there are not as many applicants, I may have a chance this year! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PAinlovingmemoryofMom
On 8/17/2021 at 4:42 PM, buttercakes said:

I just received one 5 minutes ago!!

I also received an invitation to complete the Kira Talent Assessment a few days ago!