Credentialing process started before given official job letter?

I interviewed at this urgent care and they basically told me that I seemed like a great fit. The next day I got a phone call and email from their HR to start the credentialing process. However, I never received an official job letter such as what my actual salary, benefits, PTO, start date actually is. It's been a week and I am just so absolutely confused because how do they expect me to fill out all this paperwork and sign confidentiality forms when I don't know if I actually have the job or what it entails? I read up on their company online and the people who worked there seemed to have good things to say about the environment and I also had a good experience during my interview. However, this seems a little unprofessional and it doesn't seem like the norm at all.   

They could be drawing up the letter and just wanting to get a jumpstart on your credentialing. Unless they're charging you a fee I don't see any downside to starting the process.

If you're not comfortable just email/call HR and say you're going to wait. Doesn't seem unprofessional to me at all.