What happened at AAPA elections??

Got this from AAPA today

What happened to the presidency??

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.assets.aapa.org%2FEloquaImages%2Fclients%2FAmericanAcademyofPhysicianAssistantsInc%2F%257Bf75b3b10-d589-4434-8507-31d53803797a%257D_AAPA-Logo_White_300dpi.png&t=1625176264&ymreqid=2a29fac5-3e27-44be-1c71-c50001010c00&sig=P4HCk76ygz6ukN0NPLywAA--~D
2021 – 2022 Board of Directors

It is our pleasure to announce AAPA’s Board of Directors for the new leadership year (July 1, 2021-June 30, 2022), welcoming new members Mariah Leroux, Eric Martinez, Deanna Najera, Peggy Walsh, and Desmond Watt.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank departing Board members: Immediate Past President Dave Mittman; Vice President & Speaker of the House Bill Reynolds; Director-at-Large Billy Collins; Student Director Katie Ganser; Director-at-Large Stephen Lewia. Their service to the profession and commitment to the work of AAPA is tremendously appreciated. Diane Bruessow is no longer on AAPA’s Board of Directors. We thank her for her many years of service to the Academy as a director and officer.

Due to the vacancy in the presidency, and following AAPA’s Bylaws, President-Elect Jennifer Orozco will succeed to the office of president and will serve two consecutive terms. In accordance with AAPA’s Bylaws, a special election will be held to fill the president-elect vacancy. In the interim period, Immediate Past President Beth Smolko will fulfill the duties of the president-elect. 

We have an exciting year ahead and are appreciative of the service of our esteemed leadership.

1 hour ago, sas5814 said:

Jen will be great. I guess Dianne is moot at this point

Whoever in the leadership position, they will need to be ready to battle. The title change to physician associate is the declaration we are moving forward as highly qualified medical care professionals. There will be plenty of resistance ahead, and I hope they are ready. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
4 hours ago, sas5814 said:

she simply left and there has been no explanation which suggests something bad. I think the membership deserves some kind of explanation.

If she had left, the message would have said so. By saying "no longer on the board" it strongly implies she was removed for cause. I mean, it's not a secret how to fire someone diplomatically, or to write a banal "left to pursue other opportunities" email.

She still has her AAPA leadership up on her Yale faculty bio, so it pretty clearly wasn't well planned and executed 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, sas5814 said:

If it was bad then it was a "resign or else" situation. 

They are making it worse by being secretive

Think we should have a 'wisdom of the crowd' poll to see why she vanished?

I'm thinking poll options could inclure
- Secretly forced out due to hidden, reactionary alt-right AAPA cabal as too LGBTQ+ for the presidency.
- Secretly forced out due to threat of woke backlash for somehow not being sufficiently progressive for the presidency.
- Drugs
- Sex
- Money

And that's pretty much it for the possibilities, isn't it?  I mean, sure, any other sort of crime is always possible but those sorts of things tend to wind up as public records pretty quickly.

• Upvote 1

lots of options: family or personal health or other emergency, failure to disclose something(did I not mention I am married to the current president of the AMA? ) , primary job said you can't have time off to pursue the requirements of the aapa presidency, sex, drugs, rock and roll, criminal stuff, current lawsuit unrelated to a crime but say medical malpractice(that would look bad, right? President of AAPA found guilty of medical malpractice), etc, etc

I was on a board(not paft or sempa) a few years ago and left when my mom's health took a turn for the worse. It was the right thing to do at the time. 

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, EMEDPA said:

I was on a board(not paft or sempa) a few years ago and left when my mom's health took a turn for the worse. It was the right thing to do at the time. 

Glad you had that option, but I'm willing to bet money there was an appropriate announcement about it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, rev ronin said:

Glad you had that option, but I'm willing to bet money there was an appropriate announcement about it.

Not really, just a thank you for your service, we wish you the best, and a vacancy announcement. It was an AAPA position. I felt kind of bad because Mittman asked me to do it. Commission on the Health of the Public. 2 year term. I did something like 18 months. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

Not really, just a thank you for your service, we wish you the best, and a vacancy announcement. It was an AAPA position. I felt kind of bad because Mittman asked me to do it. Commission on the Health of the Public. 2 year term. I did something like 18 months. 

Appointed, not elected, right? I think that makes a difference.  The AAPA presidency's a much more interesting thing.  Probably no one would care if I were to resign early from the AAPA commission I sit on.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rev ronin said:

Think we should have a 'wisdom of the crowd' poll to see why she vanished?

I'm thinking poll options could inclure
- Secretly forced out due to hidden, reactionary alt-right AAPA cabal as too LGBTQ+ for the presidency.
- Secretly forced out due to threat of woke backlash for somehow not being sufficiently progressive for the presidency.
- Drugs
- Sex
- Money

And that's pretty much it for the possibilities, isn't it?  I mean, sure, any other sort of crime is always possible but those sorts of things tend to wind up as public records pretty quickly.

Maybe she is not pro-title change? Or the institution where she works is against the title change?

4 hours ago, PAinPenna said:

She decided to go back to school to become an NP 

3 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

after the aliens returned her to earth. 

She was probably disappointed to find out that operating the alien rectal probe machine was beyond scope of practice for an alien PA. Only alien NPs can do that. 

alien rectal probes - YouTube

Edited by CAAdmission
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, CAAdmission said:

She was probably disappointed to find out that operating the alien rectal probe machine was beyond scope of practice for an alien PA. Only alien NPs can do that. 

alien rectal probes - YouTube

yup, unfair across the galaxy. ANP (Alien NPs) can do school by telescope in 5 parsecs while APAs need to do 444 parsecs in person on alpha centauri and have to return to a nebula for retests every 5 years. They also can't ever work off the mother ship. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1