• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 2:27 PM, ACMinNY said:

Does anyone know what this program is truly looking for?

1) something on your app that mentions underserved populations. I volunteered at an HIV/AIDS clinic and they brought this up during my interview

2) diversity! im in a group chat for accepted students and it looks like they value diversity in their cohort

1 hour ago, ACMinNY said:

@booooooooooogles

1) That's wonderful! I worked with patients with HIV for 2.5 years in a primary care setting, but you did it on a volunteer basis so is it fair to say they are looking for demonstrated service or...?

2) yeah I see that their class is >50% underrepresented students

1) I don't think so? I don't think the type of experience matters, as long as you've worked with underserved populations

2) It's amazing! 😄 There's not a whole lotta diversity where I live LOL so I'm excited to meet my cohort

Edited by booooooooooogles

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!! I am a current didactic year student at this program (Class of 2024). So glad to see all the interest for this program here and congratulations to those who have been accepted/committed to the program- we are excited to meet you all! Just for clarification- us upperclassmen will be making an official FB group for the new cohort once you have your CUNY email accounts sorted out and the cohort list is finalized! But for now if anyone has any questions- feel free to join our club hours and ask away! It is held every Thursday from 12:30-1:30pm via Zoom. There will be a few upperclassmen available to help out in any way possible! If you are interested in attending, please email us at csompaclub@gmail.com to RSVP the week you want to attend and we will send you the zoom link. Our summer semester just started this week, so our first club hours will be next thursday 5/19. 

**These hours are open to anyone and everyone!! If you need help with your upcoming application, have general questions about the PA program, application cycle etc. feel free to join!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...