2021-2022 Application Cycle

5 minutes ago, iddkim said:

for those of you interviewing today, do you know if we actually have a group interview or not? I don't see it on my schedule. the only thing i see is the admissions session with current students and i think this would be more of a Q&A session than an actual interview.  

No group interview, I emailed the other day to verify. Just a q&a at 12!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 6:54 PM, Nanceeeee said:

Are the scenarios like casper type/MMI questions? 

thanks for your response. 

These are the kinds of questions/answers schools don't appreciate applicants discussing. They do monitor forums and knowing exactly what to expect isn't how the process is supposed to work IMO. Just my two cents based on what I was told during interview day at another school. Aside from what info is given by the school, it should be confidential.

5 hours ago, tx808 said:

These are the kinds of questions/answers schools don't appreciate applicants discussing. They do monitor forums and knowing exactly what to expect isn't how the process is supposed to work IMO. Just my two cents based on what I was told during interview day at another school. Aside from what info is given by the school, it should be confidential.

IKR and now it makes sense why one school i interviewed with made me sign a confidentiality form about ANYTHING related to their interview process. Not only that but you are not being fair with the other candidates who went blind folded expecting the unexpected. You're pretty much giving yours and OTHER people slots away doing so (talking about people who are still waiting post-interview). I know I will be seen as the bad dude, but whatever 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, amazingIam242 said:

IKR and now it makes sense why one school i interviewed with made me sign a confidentiality form about ANYTHING related to their interview process. Not only that but you are not being fair with the other candidates who went blind folded expecting the unexpected. You're pretty much giving yours and OTHER people slots away doing so (talking about people who are still waiting post-interview). I know I will be seen as the bad dude, but whatever 🤷‍♂️

Well, I'm right there with you. Working through the nerves and articulating your answers when you find out the format/questions (even type of questions, because that is a HUGE advantage if you already know) on the fly is exhibiting your interviewing skills and for the school to make their best judgments the playing field should be even. I was kind of surprised about how many times we were told about confidentiality during our interviews but it looks like there is good reason. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We had a Q&A with current students that was about 1 hour in length. There were about 10 interviewees and 6 current students. 

It sounds like they’ve been switching things up when it comes to the group interviews. Did you just have two one-on-ones with faculty?

If you don’t mind me asking, have you heard back from Hardin Simmons?