Required Doctorate… it’s happening now.

Surfing for jobs because I am just always interested in what’s out there, I stumbled across this gem. 

Doctorate in PA or other PhD required. This is for an OccMed DoD gig that pays—- get this… $64000-$84000 in FL.

I mean, come on! Let’s require a doctorate and then pay associate degree nursing wages…

wth? 

image.jpg

It actually says “a OR b OR c”

you could have a doctorate, OR “A minimum of one full year of work experience as a certified physician assistant equivalent to the GS-9 grade level”

It’s only open for a week.  Based on the rather bizarre requirements, they either have a candidate already selected, or they don’t want anyone at all, and are posting it just to say they posted it. 
But no, not a sign of things to come.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, thinkertdm said:

It actually says “a OR b OR c”

you could have a doctorate, OR “A minimum of one full year of work experience as a certified physician assistant equivalent to the GS-9 grade level”

It’s only open for a week.  Based on the rather bizarre requirements, they either have a candidate already selected, or they don’t want anyone at all, and are posting it just to say they posted it. 
But no, not a sign of things to come.

There's a retiring/retired military PA in the wings waiting for his gravy job to be converted to GS position!

• Upvote 2