Lipscomb 2021-2022

3 hours ago, BoopsPA said:

Hi! Congrats to all of you who were offered a seat- so awesome!! Does anyone know what the interview process here will be like? MMI, group, one on one, etc.? I interview on October 1st! 

it’s very laid back!

starts with an overview of the program, then depending on the group you’re in: two two on ones, essay, tour, then lunch with the students. very standard questions, definitely questions that you would expect!

congratulations and good luck, you got this!  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm a first time applicant and wonder if someone could explain how programs communicate with applicants.  I have applied to six schools so far.  I was immediately rejected from one (my gpa didn't meet their threshold).  I haven't heard from the others.  As a matter of practice, do all schools let you know if you have been rejected or do they just never invite for an interview?  I'm trying to understand where I am in the process and when I can expect to know if I am going to have a chance or not.  Thanks!

16 hours ago, Jennstav said:

Hi I'm a first time applicant and wonder if someone could explain how programs communicate with applicants.  I have applied to six schools so far.  I was immediately rejected from one (my gpa didn't meet their threshold).  I haven't heard from the others.  As a matter of practice, do all schools let you know if you have been rejected or do they just never invite for an interview?  I'm trying to understand where I am in the process and when I can expect to know if I am going to have a chance or not.  Thanks!

I’m a first time applicant too, but I have heard that some schools send out rejection letters, some don’t. Also, the schools that do send out rejection letters usually wait until the class starts or very close to it. Since Lipscomb doesn’t start until next fall, I’m sure they are still interviewing and you most defiantly still have a chance to get invited to an interview. Stay hopeful 🙂

3 hours ago, Pangy9 said:

I’m a first time applicant too, but I have heard that some schools send out rejection letters, some don’t. Also, the schools that do send out rejection letters usually wait until the class starts or very close to it. Since Lipscomb doesn’t start until next fall, I’m sure they are still interviewing and you most defiantly still have a chance to get invited to an interview. Stay hopeful 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing this with me!  I needed to understand this!  It's so weird to go through all of this effort and then send out my application into what feels like a black hole!  Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I am now able to adjust my mental timeline.  Best of luck to you!  

7 hours ago, Jennstav said:

Thank you so much for sharing this with me!  I needed to understand this!  It's so weird to go through all of this effort and then send out my application into what feels like a black hole!  Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I am now able to adjust my mental timeline.  Best of luck to you!  

Of course!! Glad I could help 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/13/2021 at 7:50 PM, Hayley7601 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats?

Sure! My numbers are a bit weird since I've taken a very unconventional path towards applying to PA school (I graduated undergrad a few years ago and am navigating PA prereqs while working full time).

• Biology/Chemistry/Physics (BCP) GPA: 4.0 (so far - still working on more prereq courses**)
  • Overall Science GPA: 4.0**
  • Overall Total GPA: 3.76 (this was my cumulative from undergrad back then)
  • PA Shadowing Hours: 24
  • Patient Care Experience Hours: ~1,100 (PCT in COVID ICU)
  • Volunteer Hours: ~400

• 4 weeks later...