2021-2022 Cycle

On 8/8/2021 at 12:55 PM, Patricia5827 said:

Is anyone applying with a low gpa? Around 3.3?

I just did! My cGPA is a 3.32 and my sGPA is only a 3.06

I've taken 4 science classes post-bacc and have gotten A's in all of them so hoping that helps, also currently taking one more class. My PCE I think makes up for a lower gpa (almost 8,000 hours in various positions + 200 hours of leadership experience + 180 shadowing hours). 

Their website says they use a rubric looking at cGPA, sGPA, and PCE, so if you have strong PCE but a lower gpa you should still definitely apply. 

15 hours ago, Travelluvr said:

I have an interview 9/10. Can anyone provide insight on what the 8/10 interview was like?

It was a chill day I actually really enjoyed it! The admissions team were all very nice and laidback. You have an intro to the program and get to meet the other interviewees, a virtual tour, q&a, and individual interview 20 min with 3 different interviewers. It was from 7:30-1. Good luck to everyone just relax and be yourself!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dht25 said:

It was a chill day I actually really enjoyed it! The admissions team were all very nice and laidback. You have an intro to the program and get to meet the other interviewees, a virtual tour, q&a, and individual interview 20 min with 3 different interviewers. It was from 7:30-1. Good luck to everyone just relax and be yourself!!

Agreed! It was relaxed, and you could tell the faculty/interviewers really cared about the interviewees doing well. They frequently gave us encouragement and calmed nerves. I interviewed with a full-time faculty member and 2 practicing PAs. Make sure to ask questions; the knowledge they impart is valuable!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 2:18 PM, strawberry9090 said:

@TinaH Hi! I was wondering how long it took you to hear back from West Chester? I submitted by app mid July but have received no emails back regarding whether they received my application. Also, I emailed them with some questions and also got no response. What did the timeline look for you hearing back from them?

I applied 6/23, was verified by CASPA on 6/25, and received the verification email from WCU on 7/9. WCU sent me an interview invite on 7/21. So 2 weeks between being verified and hearing back from them. That was earlier in the cycle, so I bet they’re even busier now. What email did you use to contact them?

22 minutes ago, avapowell said:

That’s what I’m thinking too. I was wondering if I should reach out or not, but I don’t know if that’s a good idea. What do you think?

I wouldn’t reach out, but that’s just me. They’re actively sending out acceptance emails, so I know my decision is in the works