2021-2022 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I'm a reapplicant to WCUPA and so was in contact with their program director recently. She said that they begin to review applications starting in July, so keep a lookout in your email! Last year they were sending out interview invites up until around January I believe, so it might be some time to hear. Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, TinaH said:

I applied 6/23, was verified by CASPA on 6/25, and received the verification email from WCU on 7/9. WCU sent me an interview invite on 7/21.

Congrats on your interview! you must be so excited! Unfortunately, I am still waiting to hear back. Would you mind sharing your stats?

5 minutes ago, HanBan04 said:

Congrats on your interview! you must be so excited! Unfortunately, I am still waiting to hear back. Would you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you! This is my first cycle, so I'm really excited!

Here are my stats at time of application:

cGPA: 3.95

sGPA: 4.0

GRE: 314, 158V, 156Q, 4.0W

PCE: 3,664 (Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor at an inpatient rehab and CNA in a hospital)

HCE: 3,240 (direct care staff at a residential alcohol/drug rehab)

Shadowing: 24 in-person hours with a general surgery PA, 17 virtual hours with various specialties

Volunteering: 1,591 (Special Olympics, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, food drives/soup kitchens, volunteer coaching and officiating)

Leadership: 1,378 (on the executive board for two clubs, plus volunteer coaching at my alma mater)

LoRs: 1 academic, 1 supervisor, 1 coach

I feel that my biggest weakness is my lack of PA/MD LoR. That prevented me from applying to many schools who specifically require one. We'll see how it goes!

• Like 1

Also got a invite for the 8/10 interview! A little flustered because of how soon it is but very excited! Here are my stats:

Stats:

Undergrad gpa: 3.83

Post-bacc gpa: 4.00

sgpa: 3.80

PCE: ~1450 hours as EMT and ED tech

Volunteering: ~500 hours

Shadowing: ~90 hours w/ PA 

GRE: 326 combined

Has anybody heard anything about their interviews? 

7 hours ago, zelolover said:

Also got a invite for the 8/10 interview! A little flustered because of how soon it is but very excited! Here are my stats:

Stats:

Undergrad gpa: 3.83

Post-bacc gpa: 4.00

sgpa: 3.80

PCE: ~1450 hours as EMT and ED tech

Volunteering: ~500 hours

Shadowing: ~90 hours w/ PA 

GRE: 326 combined

Has anybody heard anything about their interviews? 

Congrats! I look forward to "meeting" you 🙂

The only information I have about the interview is that it's 2:1. No group interview, though I believe we'll reconvene as a group for the Q&A. 

On 8/3/2021 at 9:55 AM, kayywri said:

Congratulations! Mind sharing your stats?

good luck to everyone! My stats are: 
cGPA: 3.75

sGPA: 3.56

GRE: 307 4.0

HCE: 140

PCE: 3170 as a plastic surgery MA, derm clinical researcher, and cancer clinical research coordinator

Research: 390

PA shadowing: 58

Volunteering: 640

Just now, dht25 said:

good luck to everyone! My stats are: 
cGPA: 3.75

sGPA: 3.56

GRE: 307 4.0

HCE: 140

PCE: 3170 as a plastic surgery MA, derm clinical researcher, and cancer clinical research coordinator

Research: 390

PA shadowing: 58

Volunteering: 640

Thanks for sharing! Am I correct that they don’t require the GRE?

18 hours ago, TinaH said:

Congrats! I look forward to "meeting" you 🙂

The only information I have about the interview is that it's 2:1. No group interview, though I believe we'll reconvene as a group for the Q&A. 

Look forward to meeting you too! My name will be set as Ye Lim! And 2:1 as in two faculty and 1 student or vice versa? 

On 8/4/2021 at 12:12 PM, zelolover said:

Look forward to meeting you too! My name will be set as Ye Lim! And 2:1 as in two faculty and 1 student or vice versa? 

Hi, Ye Lim! I'll be joining as Christina (Tina). Too bad we aren't in the same group.

Even though the initial emails/WCU website stated the interview would be "an individual interview," it looks like we'll be interviewing in groups of 3! I'm excited to meet everyone 🙂