Casper snapshot fail

16 hours ago, cbull said:

I had a family member walk in on me in the middle of casper snapshot asking to use my phone I got distracted and one of my answers was horrible as a result. I am so mad and so frustrated. How bad will this reflect on me

Who knows? A life that depends on your never answering a question wrong doesn't sound like much fun.  I

would just move on if I were you; you will take lots of tests and screw up a few answers on most of them for one reason or another. Somehow it will still work out!

Good luck.

On 6/14/2021 at 4:37 AM, UGoLong said:

Who knows? A life that depends on your never answering a question wrong doesn't sound like much fun.  I

would just move on if I were you; you will take lots of tests and screw up a few answers on most of them for one reason or another. Somehow it will still work out!

Good luck.

Doubtful that anyone will hold that against you if they can see it was just an accident. May question why you weren't a little more careful about where you did the snapshot but my guess is that's not gonna be something that makes or breaks your chances. And most importantly, what's worrying about it gonna do? You can't change it so don't let it mess with you.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, browens3pa said:

Doubtful that anyone will hold that against you if they can see it was just an accident. May question why you weren't a little more careful about where you did the snapshot but my guess is that's not gonna be something that makes or breaks your chances. And most importantly, what's worrying about it gonna do? You can't change it so don't let it mess with you.

Telling someone who made a mistake to be more careful next time may not be that helpful. We all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. We will, nevertheless, go on and make more mistakes (including some of them we've made in the past.)

Just let it go and move on!

Edited by UGoLong

On 6/15/2021 at 3:11 PM, browens3pa said:

I was super careful i told everyone in my family what was going on it was my aunt that just randomly happened to walk in. She was texted and informed not to do so but she didn't have her phone. I suppose we make plans and God laughs. I was pretty mad though because I did try to take every precaution to avoid this situation.

On 6/15/2021 at 1:53 PM, UGoLong said:

Telling someone who made a mistake to be more careful next time may not be that helpful. We all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. We will, nevertheless, go on and make more mistakes (including some of them we've made in the past.)

Just let it go and move on!

They literally asked how bad it may reflect on them, and I told them. Coming to a forum asking how a mistake might reflect on them and getting an answer, then someone not liking it, is what's wrong with today's society. We can all respond to someone's mistakes with "oh yeah its perfectly fine! Everything will be alright and no need to worry about anything. Just keep making those mistakes because noone will judge you and everything will be cupcakes and rainbows!" Now how is that any more helpful?

5 hours ago, browens3pa said:

They literally asked how bad it may reflect on them, and I told them. Coming to a forum asking how a mistake might reflect on them and getting an answer, then someone not liking it, is what's wrong with today's society. We can all respond to someone's mistakes with "oh yeah its perfectly fine! Everything will be alright and no need to worry about anything. Just keep making those mistakes because noone will judge you and everything will be cupcakes and rainbows!" Now how is that any more helpful?

Live a while and you will have made lots of mistakes. I've made a bunch in 70+ years and still do with great regularity. Beating yourself up over one of them is generally not productive. Blowing a answer on a test is neither novel nor especially grievous, nor is endlessly ruminating over it afterwards particularly productive. He or she feels bad, it's over, and there is nothing to be done besides moving on and doing things a bit differently from now on. That was my only point.

Edited by UGoLong

On 6/13/2021 at 1:57 PM, cbull said:

I had a family member walk in on me in the middle of casper snapshot asking to use my phone I got distracted and one of my answers was horrible as a result. I am so mad and so frustrated. How bad will this reflect on me

I guess to broaden this question, I wish that the CASPer / Snapshot weren't limited to being taken only once per admin cycle. Seems extreme. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @cbull,

Wanted to share some experience with you. I made a FOOL of myself during my snapshot. When I thought I had hit stop recording, I let out a huge big sigh of relief before looking down to realize that I had not stopped recording. I was convinced I absolutely butchered it. I wanted to share this with you, because I ended up scoring the 4th quartile after I was mortified and terrified of how I did because of this. Outside of my reaction, I would say I felt like I did average. I doubt that it is unheard of to be interrupted, and I am sure they might have even heard my dogs in the background. I think your concern for how you did is a direct reflection of the kind of judgement and compassion they are looking for. I look forward to following your success this cycle! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I thought Casper was one of the dumbest easiest things I have ever done and I scored on the first quartile.  Apparently they take points off if you finish it too fast because you didn't take time to reflect on your answers.  I am 39, I was not nervous, I am very clear in my values and I thought I did a good job.  I have experience speaking in public and I have taken these kinds of tests for jobs before without a problem.  I have NO DAMN clue why I scored so poorly, most questions were about situations for young adults that seem so stupid and non-problems that I can't imagine what exactly they are scoring.  (and who is scoring this shit anyway)