Grad PLUS question

I co-signed a car for a family member some years ago and long story short it ended up being repossessed (like 3 years ago) because they could not keep making the payments. I ended up subsequently filing for a chapter 13 bankruptcy and have been paying on it for about a year now. 

I was offered a seat at a program and applied for Grad PLUS. To my shock, I was approved on the spot without even having to appeal. I checked my Equifax prior to the application and both the repo and the chapter 13 was on the credit report (the repo account was listed in the chapter 13). 

My question is, assuming I keep making payments on time in the chapter 13 repayment plan, I should be okay for approval for Grad PLUS next year, right? Financial aid told me that should be the case since I was already approved. I just don't want to be halfway through the program and get a nasty surprise...

Should I defer or just go ahead and start school this year? Thanks.