Application cycle 2021-2022 (ON CAMPUS)

Just now, smallturtle said:

Has anyone who submitted a supplemental heard anything yet? Seems like the online program is already giving out acceptances. 

I received an email 06/14 saying my CASPA and supplemental applications have been received, and that interviews will go out in the fall!

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 5:18 PM, smallturtle said:

Has anyone who submitted a supplemental heard anything yet? Seems like the online program is already giving out acceptances. 

The online program begins in January while the traditional program begins in August. I had my interview last year in October following an invitation in late September. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally finished my supplemental application essays and received confirmation that everything has been received. The email said that I will hear in the fall if I am selected for an interview. Fingers crossed! It looks like last year the interview invites started in early September (it feels so far away!!!). Best of luck everyone.

• 1 month later...

Just got an interview! I'm over the mooon. 

Here are my stats:

Personal:

Sex: Female

State: MD

Academic:

cGPA: 3.85

sGPA: 3.76

Extracurricular:

PCE: 2,500hrs (Labor and Delivery Tech, PT aide, EMT)

HCE: 890 hrs (delivering patient food)

Volunteer: 1,500 hrs (church volunteer, ED volunteer)

Leadership: ~200 (student senator, chair of multicultural committee, campus activities board)

LOR’s: 5 total (2 physicians, 1 nurse, 1 advisor, 1 professor)

Shadowing: 112 hrs

GRE: 303

CASPer: 75-100th quartile

• Like 1

Just received an interview invite! I'm totally shocked and over the moon, Yale was a 100% reach school for me and I never in a million years imagined even getting an interview. 

I read the email about 10 minutes after it was sent and when I went to schedule my interview, there were actually no seats remaining. Talk about competitive! I emailed admissions and thankfully they added additional dates. 

My stats for those curious:

cGPA: 3.56

sGPA: 3.52

GRE: 317

PCE: 8600 as an RN in NICU/PICU. I think this is my strength as an applicant, since I have a pretty average GPA. 

On 9/14/2021 at 5:56 PM, Kyrin said:

I heard back on Friday about my Yale Interview as well! Congrats to everyone else who got one and see y'all on September 30th. We've all came so far! 😭

For reference, CASPA verified on 7/30 and submitted Supplemental 8/3 (late, but oh well! got an interview).

Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats how you received the invite? Was it via email? 

Hi, guys! I got an interview invite today! I was so surprised because Yale was definitely a reach school for me. 

Out of state 21F, applied when I was 20

cGPA: 3.56

sGPA: 3.45

PCE: 2300(mostly EMT, some PCT)

GRE: 314

Volunteering: ~250(I don’t remember the exact number)

Shadowing: 60 hours(MD, PA, NP)

Research: 30

LOR: 5 letters, all PA and NP

CASPER: 75-100 percentile

I think it might be worth mentioning that I have a few years of leadership experience under my belt as well but I don’t remember the exact number of hours! My biggest strength is probably my personal statement  

Good luck to everyone! Hope to see you all soon 🙂

Edited by houpa2024
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/16/2021 at 11:38 PM, hanapa said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats how you received the invite? Was it via email? 

I received my invite via email!

Here are my stats at time of applying: 

Personal info: 23F, out of state applicant

cGPA: 3.70

sGPA: 3.60

GRE: 314

PCE: 1605 (EMT, RBT, Free clinic volunteering)

Volunteering: 110

Shadowing: 50 in person (derm PA)

Research: >1000 hrs (don’t remember exactly) w/ 1 3rd author pub and 1 incoming 1st author pub

LOR: 4 (1 PA, 1 PCE Supervisor, 1 Volunteering Supervisor, 1 Academic professor/research supervisor)

CASPer: 75th-100th percentile

Strengths: phenomenal LORs and personal statement for sure

Edited by Kyrin

On 9/30/2021 at 6:51 AM, houpa2024 said:

Has anyone received an acceptance so far or are the interviews only starting today? I’m very nervous because I signed up for a late interview (10/26)

good luck to everyone interviewing today! You’re gonna do amazing and I hope to see you all soon!

I interviewed today and from what I understood we were the second round of interviews. He said that some acceptances might go out next week or the week after if there are really good fits, but the majority of the notifications will go out after interviews wrap up (mid November was the referenced timeline, but I can't remember if that was when interviews ended or when they'd send out the decisions). My take away was that we might hear back within a couple weeks, but most likely we'll hear back after interviews are over. Everyone was really nice/helpful/open, good luck! Just be yourself and you'll do great 🙂

• Like 1