I interviewed virtually, but the format was similar for those in person as well. It began with an introduction to the program and a presentation by a few current students. Overall the environment was very friendly and inviting!! Definitely no need to be nervous, all of the students and staff we’re super friendly and great at answering questions. As far as the interview, again it was very relaxed and laid back. Definitely just trying to get to know you, no trick questions. I thought the interview questions were pretty standard, tailored towards you specifically. I had 2 seperate interviews each about 20 minutes long. It was myself with 2 people interviewing me. One a current student and one professor 

On 9/14/2021 at 12:30 AM, mfcfpa said:

Haven't received anything about an interview, but I did get some random email telling me that I could attend a virtual or in-person "Graduate and Professional Fair"...Sort of an annoying random email to receive in the middle of interview season when you're hoping for other emails from Admissions Departments. 

I had the same reaction.... wondering if this sort of events are helpful to attend, but feel that the virtual setting might be a bit of a waste of time for something like that.

21 hours ago, FruitBasket said:

For those offered an interview, did you receive an "Information Verification" email shortly before?

This is the first correspondence I've received from Shenandoah since the standard "your application has been received" email and I am hoping this is about to be good news!

On 9/16/2021 at 6:33 PM, BReitz said:

Is there any kind of Facebook group yet where we can chat with the accepted students? Congrats as well to you!!

I don't think there is one yet. You could maybe email them and ask?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mfcfpa said:

Hey everyone! I have a quick question regarding interviews- upon looking at the schedule ...the individual interviews aren’t actually two hours long for each person, are they? 

I was wondering the same thing! I know someone who interviewed virtually posted that they were about 20 minutes long, so I am guessing in-person would be the same. 

On 9/19/2021 at 11:15 AM, FruitBasket said:

For those offered an interview, did you receive an "Information Verification" email shortly before?

This is the first correspondence I've received from Shenandoah since the standard "your application has been received" email and I am hoping this is about to be good news!

I got the same email, just replied to it now since it was sitting in my junk folder since the 19th… yikes. Did you get an interview invite?

2 hours ago, mfcfpa said:

Hey everyone, am I the only one super anxiously waiting following interviews this past Friday? Please tell me I’m not the only one 😂 I know we’ll know sooner than later, but I’m so anxious to know something!!

100% normal you got this!!!! The interview from September 10th they responded back in a week!!!

You're almost there, good luck! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ngab234 said:

Did the rest of y’all from the Friday interview get a campus preference form email 

Yes! 

Do any of you think that campus preference could impact acceptance? Like for instance if you chose a campus and there were no more seats left at that campus, do you think they would tell you there were openings at the other location before wait listing or rejecting someone? 

I sent mine back already, but I was just thinking about all possibilities lol. 

3 minutes ago, mfcfpa said:

Yes! 

Do any of you think that campus preference could impact acceptance? Like for instance if you chose a campus and there were no more seats left at that campus, do you think they would tell you there were openings at the other location before wait listing or rejecting someone? 

I sent mine back already, but I was just thinking about all possibilities lol. 

Campus preference has no impact on acceptance!

• Like 1

Also, is there any way for any of us to know how many people were accepted already? That information is definitely close to classified, but this thread for this program is actually pretty small/quiet compared to some other threads for other programs. I say that because on the busier, more active threads you can get a better gauge of how many people are being accepted ...not super important, but interesting to know. 

On 9/8/2021 at 1:45 PM, Hannahsnyds said:

Hi all! I submitted my application mid-July and I have yet to hear back. For those who received interview requests for September 10th, when did you submit your application? Also, after completing the interviews, do you have any advice? Thanks and good luck everyone!

I think my biggest piece of advice for the interview process is to be prepared to answer what you know about the PA profession and why you want to be a PA. I was asked in both my individual interviews.