Looking to shadow a physician assistant in Atlanta GA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Yanka
      Hello everyone! 
      My name is Yanka, I am a rising junior, and I recently decided to pursue a career as a PA-C. I chose this career path because I can study for an additional two years and get out into the real world to practice, I also prefer to study the Medical Model, and the work/life balance is very ideal because I love spending time with my family. I was just wondering if there are any opportunities for online shadowing, or any PA-C’s in Massachusetts or Rhode Island offering opportunities to shadow. Please let me know. 

Stay safe!
      Yanka. 
    • By Car93
      Hello Everyone,
      Is anyone aware of any virtual shadowing opportunities through zoom or any other video platform during this COVID-19 Pandemic?
    • By HollywoodHorse
      I am looking for PA to shadowing in the Des Moines, Iowa area and the surrounding metro area. I have been looking for an opportunity for some time and hope to shadow PA's in many different areas of medicine. Currently I work as a CNA and can accommodate my schedule easily to allow whatever works for the PA's schedule in allowing me to shadow them. Please reply to this if you are able to allow a pre-PA student to shadow with you. Thank you very much. 
    • By JDtoPA1
      Hi! I’m finishing up my pre-requisites and I’m looking for a shadowing opportunity in the Lehigh Valley, PA. Is anyone aware of any?
    • By Early-Life-Crisis
      To any helpful person out there,

I am a first year international student at a liberal arts college in the US. Academically, I don't feel I lack anything at this school. The classes are very challenging, and I push myself to the limit to get A's in every single class. On the financial side of things, I got a 55-60% scholarship, and the rest of my tuition gets covered by my dad back home. With every iota of honesty, I have always wanted to work as a medical doctor. I am determined, self-driven, sometimes anxious about my efficiency, but always honest about my abilities and faults. The road to becoming a medical doctor in the US as an international student is not linear. In fact, all the research I have done into medical schools I would want to apply to in the US after completing my bachelor's degree show that international students with the best extracurricular activities profile and GPA will most likely have to go home and attend a medical school in their home country then write the USMLE STEPS 1 and 2 exams to even begin considering coming back to the US.

Well folks, I have done my research into the life of a medical doctor in the US, and I have decided I do not want to go through the years of practice and training, just to realize that bureaucracy has limited very passionate physicians in the US to "sad and industrialized slaves."  I am young and fortunately I still have my whole life ahead of me.

So I did research into the world of mid-level health practicioners in the US, and amazingly I stumbled unto the profession of Physician Assistants. Because I excelled (through diligence, prayer, and never giving-up), I got A's in my General Chemistry and Biology sequences; I have almost gotten the position to shadow a Physician Assistant this summer!

My sadness and hope stems from the fact that even with stellar academic records, diligent physician assistant shadowing, and lots of prayers I might not get accepted into a PA school after four years of undergraduate education.

My ''cry'' for help is this: Is there anyone out there who knows of young international students in the US who passionately did everything legally possible- shadowing, good GPA, and completing pre-reqs- to enter PA school straight after four years of undergraduate education and got accepted?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I NEED HOPE IN THE FORM OF AN INFORMED REPLY FROM THE BRILLIANT AND GENEROUS PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More