Saint Elizabeth University PA program 2021-2022

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, strawberry9090 said:

I saw they are requiring the PA-Cat. How was it for you? And do you know how much it is factored into admissions? Apparently they will not look at the scores for interview selection but will they after to figure out who they want to select into the class from interviews?

I bought the practice tests set from exammaster. It's tough, I will take it before september. 

22 hours ago, mandyq said:

Hey guys, i will be starting at SEU in August (next month) for my didactic year. Let me know if you have any questions about the application process or the school! 

are they practicing rolling admissions? what was your gpa? i know you guys were not suppose to take pa-cat, right?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 6:13 PM, strawberry9090 said:

I have the same questions. Thanks for offering to answer questions. Right now I am very curious about how they are weighting the PA-CAT @mandyq

@alphaPA I Can message you guys all my stats and what I did for PCE, volunteer, shadowing etc!

we didn’t have to take PA-CAT yes. I do not believe they will weigh it more or less necessarily. SEU does a hollistic approach to admissions so they will value how everything in your application is as a whole. Including their personal essays for the program! 

In regards to rolling or not. They did not start handing out interviews until November but as they interviewed they would accept people per interview (they did like 8-10 people per interview via zoom last year; which could change).

I hope this helps a bit! If you have any other questions specifically feel free to message me! 

21 hours ago, mandyq said:

@alphaPA I Can message you guys all my stats and what I did for PCE, volunteer, shadowing etc!

we didn’t have to take PA-CAT yes. I do not believe they will weigh it more or less necessarily. SEU does a hollistic approach to admissions so they will value how everything in your application is as a whole. Including their personal essays for the program! 

In regards to rolling or not. They did not start handing out interviews until November but as they interviewed they would accept people per interview (they did like 8-10 people per interview via zoom last year; which could change).

I hope this helps a bit! If you have any other questions specifically feel free to message me! 

I guess the PA-CAT is throwing me in for a loop because on the website it says that they will not look at PA-CAT scores until after the interviews. Basically in order to pick applicants for interview purposes they will not consider PA-CAT scores, if that makes sense. However my confusion is say I interview and everything went well but my PA-CAT scores are lower than the average of other interviewees, does that mean I will not be selected? How much does the PA-CAT matter? Also thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions. I would love to pm you further on stats for the program. Thanks!

22 hours ago, strawberry9090 said:

I guess the PA-CAT is throwing me in for a loop because on the website it says that they will not look at PA-CAT scores until after the interviews. Basically in order to pick applicants for interview purposes they will not consider PA-CAT scores, if that makes sense. However my confusion is say I interview and everything went well but my PA-CAT scores are lower than the average of other interviewees, does that mean I will not be selected? How much does the PA-CAT matter? Also thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions. I would love to pm you further on stats for the program. Thanks!

So the program has not mentioned to us how they plan to do it. BUT, after i interviewed and got in they gave us all these modules of anatomy biochem etc that will be on PA-CAT that we had to do and finish exams. It maybe be used to just see where you stand as a bench mark. But sadly they didn’t mention how they plan to use it. However, like i said they approach everything hollistic, if you have decent grades the PA-CAT may not make much a difference but could for lower GPAs etc. I am sorry I wish I could give more 

1 hour ago, mandyq said:

So the program has not mentioned to us how they plan to do it. BUT, after i interviewed and got in they gave us all these modules of anatomy biochem etc that will be on PA-CAT that we had to do and finish exams. It maybe be used to just see where you stand as a bench mark. But sadly they didn’t mention how they plan to use it. However, like i said they approach everything hollistic, if you have decent grades the PA-CAT may not make much a difference but could for lower GPAs etc. I am sorry I wish I could give more 

Okay that makes sense. I'll be honest I was not keen on having to pay for and take another exam but I will study for the PA-CAT for a few weeks and just get it out of the way. I see that SEU has two supp essays. How did you approach them? Especially the social justice question?

On 7/28/2021 at 1:37 PM, strawberry9090 said:

Okay that makes sense. I'll be honest I was not keen on having to pay for and take another exam but I will study for the PA-CAT for a few weeks and just get it out of the way. I see that SEU has two supp essays. How did you approach them? Especially the social justice question?

Yeah just try your best! And i think you should write about something you really believe in! They can tell if your just making it up. I can tell you what I did personally if you message me. All I’ll say tho is that they definitely are an important part of the application they aren’t just having you write them for no reason. 

• 6 months later...
On 7/26/2021 at 4:58 PM, mandyq said:

can you message me your stats? and how was your interview process?

I was interviewed on 01/18 and got my acceptance 02/07! My interview process consisted of 1 on 1s and a group activity with others that were interviewing.

Also, PA-CAT is not weighted in the school's decision. Let me know if you have any other questions! Or, if you were also accepted!

Best wishes to everyone still in the process

28 minutes ago, alphaPA said:

how many credits and cost?

I don't really remember the specifics on the credits or the cost. I just took it through my community college so whatever amount they charge per credit at your school. I think any medical terminology class at an institution should be fine.

6 minutes ago, bluej said:

I don't really remember the specifics on the credits or the cost. I just took it through my community college so whatever amount they charge per credit at your school. I think any medical terminology class at an institution should be fine.

are they doing group interview? do you have to write essay over there?

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/10/2022 at 8:19 AM, bluej said:

I was interviewed on 01/18 and got my acceptance 02/07! My interview process consisted of 1 on 1s and a group activity with others that were interviewing.

Also, PA-CAT is not weighted in the school's decision. Let me know if you have any other questions! Or, if you were also accepted!

Best wishes to everyone still in the process

Hi! That’s exciting! Congrats!

I was wondering if you could please share what is asked in the interview and how was the process through it. I have been offered an interview next week, and I’ll appreciate any info you have! Thank you!