South University TAMPA 2021-2022

44 minutes ago, elizabethm9090 said:

Got the call of acceptance today after 2 and a half months from my interview, they said my background check took a while. I have already accepted a seat at another program though, so good luck to everyone in the waitlist 🙂

we're you previously waitlisted? or is this your first time hearing back since your interview?

Just now, dsmith7 said:

really? what makes you think that? 

I just think the timing of them sending out the “you’re still on the wait list” e-mails was uncanny since it was the day they called me too. I also don’t know that anyone else was still waiting to hear anything, though I could be wrong!! Just speculation, I hope they start pulling from the waitlist soon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elizabethm9090 said:

I just think the timing of them sending out the “you’re still on the wait list” e-mails was uncanny since it was the day they called me too. I also don’t know that anyone else was still waiting to hear anything, though I could be wrong!! Just speculation, I hope they start pulling from the waitlist soon!

very true! i hope so too 🤞🏼

5 hours ago, dsmith7 said:

I'm originally from New Jersey. But I went to school in Tampa for undergrad and stayed here after. I'm about 10 min away from South University. You?

3 hours ago, JoshLJaeger said:

Moved from Detroit in 2015 to Tampa. Did my undergrad at University of South Florida and got my EMT cert from HCC in 2019. I've worked for American Medical Response for a few years as an EMT in Tampa and the surrounding Tampa Bay area.

I’m in Orlando! And no way I worked as an EMT here at AMR too

On 10/31/2021 at 9:21 AM, JoshLJaeger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but amr orlando does primary 911 and IFT correct? Also thanks for the units we were generously gifted 233 and some other one lol.

On 11/2/2021 at 9:31 AM, dsmith7 said:

What was your job like as an EMT with AMR?

Yes we do both 911 and IFT here, no problem! Haha 

AMR was okay, management was terrible which of course made the job terrible. We were always held past our off time like at least 80% of the time. Rude managers, managers who never listened to us, rude coworkers, all that stuff. 

10 hours ago, Patricia5827 said:

Yes we do both 911 and IFT here, no problem! Haha 

AMR was okay, management was terrible which of course made the job terrible. We were always held past our off time like at least 80% of the time. Rude managers, managers who never listened to us, rude coworkers, all that stuff. 

I'd say we do 90% IFT which can get boring sometimes but we lucked out on management. Lots of young people working, nice sups. Dispatch sucks though. 

9 hours ago, JoshLJaeger said:

I'd say we do 90% IFT which can get boring sometimes but we lucked out on management. Lots of young people working, nice sups. Dispatch sucks though. 

911 wasn’t fun because we wouldn’t know we were 911 until we literally got to shift. And we got zero training for 911 so all the paramedics automatically hated us. There were some interesting calls but I still barely knew what to do lol.

yeah dispatch was terrible here too 

13 hours ago, Patricia5827 said:

911 wasn’t fun because we wouldn’t know we were 911 until we literally got to shift. And we got zero training for 911 so all the paramedics automatically hated us. There were some interesting calls but I still barely knew what to do lol.

yeah dispatch was terrible here too 

Well it's the same dispatch out of Pompano so that doesn't suprise me.