South University TAMPA 2021-2022

On 8/10/2021 at 10:57 AM, prepatx said:

Congrats to all those who have been accepted!!! Do y’all think there are seats left still? I have an interview at the end of this month & am wondering if I even have a chance. 

Hey! I am a first year student at south! You for sure still have a chance! I interviewed mid August and didn’t get my acceptance til end of September, but several of my classmates interviewed later in the cycle (September October)!

On 8/9/2021 at 11:09 PM, Splinter said:

Just to confirm, only accepted applicants have South U Tampa's phone number to call, right? 

I'm scheduled for a interview but all my correspondence with them has been thru email. There isn't a direct PA program phone number linked on the website or email from what I've seen 😅

Hey! I am a first year student at south! If you need to talk to them you can just call the number on the website and they can transfer you to the pa department! All of my correspondence was through email so don’t worry about anything! 

4 hours ago, Abbey21 said:

Hey! I am a first year student at south! You for sure still have a chance! I interviewed mid August and didn’t get my acceptance til end of September, but several of my classmates interviewed later in the cycle (September October)!

hey abbey! were you waitlisted or did you just not hear an answer until late september?

Edited by courtj

48 minutes ago, courtj said:

hey abby! were you waitlisted or did you just not hear an answer until late september?

Oh I just didn’t hear an answer til September… waited 6 weeks so don’t worry y’all they will call eventually! I believe the faculty said they usually stop interviewing at the beginning of October so they should start pulling from the waitlist then! 

Guest sofargone
4 hours ago, BrittGrebinger said:

When is your interview? Mine is on August 24th but I haven't received an email with any new info since I scheduled the interview initially. 

Mine is Thursday, and I heard today(Monday). So dw, you'll hear back closer to the date

Info about the interview and background check:

I interviewed yesterday. There were many people who had not started the background check before attending the interview. We were told by staff that this was totally fine. After all, interviewees need to be sure they feel South is the right fit for them before investing time and money in the background check. They do require it, though, before they'll offer an acceptance (as they are others have said).

Also, there was a flyer in my emails about the interview that said to wear business casual, so I did. I didn't wear a coat or tie. Pretty much all the other applicants were dressed in business professional attire. The interviewers were also in business professional attire for the most part, too. At the end of the day, I mentioned the 'business casual' info I saw and was told not to worry about it. Maybe they'll consider that I pay attention to details. Who knows.

As for the interviews, prepare just as you would for any interview. Know your strengths and weaknesses, think about key experiences, know why PA, why South, how you address problems/conflicts that you've experienced or that are hypothetical. 

Also, I advise chatting it up with the other applicants. It will help put you at ease. When you're waiting around with them, don't sit in silence. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JBuck said:

Info about the interview and background check:

I interviewed yesterday. There were many people who had not started the background check before attending the interview. We were told by staff that this was totally fine. After all, interviewees need to be sure they feel South is the right fit for them before investing time and money in the background check. They do require it, though, before they'll offer an acceptance (as they are others have said).

Also, there was a flyer in my emails about the interview that said to wear business casual, so I did. I didn't wear a coat or tie. Pretty much all the other applicants were dressed in business professional attire. The interviewers were also in business professional attire for the most part, too. At the end of the day, I mentioned the 'business casual' info I saw and was told not to worry about it. Maybe they'll consider that I pay attention to details. Who knows.

As for the interviews, prepare just as you would for any interview. Know your strengths and weaknesses, think about key experiences, know why PA, why South, how you address problems/conflicts that you've experienced or that are hypothetical. 

Also, I advise chatting it up with the other applicants. It will help put you at ease. When you're waiting around with them, don't sit in silence. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the info! How many applicants do you think attended the interview when you went?

Guest sofargone
3 hours ago, PCTtoPA said:

For those who have been accepted or asked for an interview. Would you mind sharing your stats?

Offered an interview... 3.45 GPA/317 GRE/ maybe 1500 PCE hours? I really wish they published their average stats but I couldn't find them anywhere.