South University TAMPA 2021-2022

17 hours ago, alyssamarie said:

Hi everyone! Are any other out of staters confused on the identgo scheduling? It will only bring me to locations in florida when I follow the directions on the castle branch website but I am very far from Florida

Hey Alyssa, did you figure it out? I'm out of state and was able to get it so if you wanna DM me maybe I can help!

On 7/1/2021 at 4:28 PM, courtj said:

Hi! I saw South University WPB was already giving out acceptances/waitlisting from their interview a few days ago. Anyone hear back from their interview at Tampa yet? (I know they are completely separate but just curious!) And any advice for the interview?!

Haven’t heard back yet and I interviewed the 30th! They said it would take about two weeks from the time you interviewed.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:34 AM, alyssamarie said:

Just received my interview invite for July 14th/15th! Application received by South 5/24/21. I was also under the recommended GRE requirement so I wanted to remind you all to stay positive and there’s hope for all of us!

HI, this gives me lots of hope. My GRE is a 290, all my other stats are pretty strong. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gabasaur said:

Hey guys.  I got an interview for 7/14 and coming from out of state.  Anyone else interviewing that day?

Also, did you guys schedule your background check yet or are you waiting until you have your interview?

Getting excited but also super nervous!

Hey,

Im interviewing July 15 from out of state! I already completed the entire background check because I heard you can't be given an acceptance maybe even waitlist? without it completed. Mine took about 10 days for the background portion to fully be completed and I had to travel 1.5 hours for the drug test portion because that was the closest place to me. I definitely suggest doing it beforehand!

PS- very excited and nervous too! lol

15 hours ago, Gabasaur said:

Hey guys.  I got an interview for 7/14 and coming from out of state.  Anyone else interviewing that day?

Also, did you guys schedule your background check yet or are you waiting until you have your interview?

Getting excited but also super nervous!

I'm also out of state interviewing that day!! I also finished my background check just in case!

15 minutes ago, MedicMan4 said:

For all my fellow out-of-staters, do we need to mail any payment along with the fingerprint cards? Trying to finish up this background check before my interview. 

hey, for all those asking about castle branch I completed all the to-do tasks. For fingerprints I got mine done at my local police station since my indentogo didn't carry the fd-258 cards to print it digitally for me. I got fingerprinted and sent them out the same day and it took about a week for them to get to the location in florida and be cleared on castle branch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, courtj said:

hey, for all those asking about castle branch I completed all the to-do tasks. For fingerprints I got mine done at my local police station since my indentogo didn't carry the fd-258 cards to print it digitally for me. I got fingerprinted and sent them out the same day and it took about a week for them to get to the location in florida and be cleared on castle branch. 

and nope! I didn't mail any type of payment although I did have to pay for two fd-258 cards ($10 each) because I didn't wait for castle branch to ship them to me which took a few days and I didn't want to be held up. And of course I paid for shipping too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Abbey21 said:

Hi Everyone! 

My name is Abbey and I am a first year student at South! If you have any questions I’d be happy to answer them! Good luck to everyone interviewing this cycle! 

How did you prepare for your interview? Do you feel like it was effective/helped you answer questions? Any interview tips? 

37 minutes ago, gessv00 said:

How did you prepare for your interview? Do you feel like it was effective/helped you answer questions? Any interview tips? 

I honestly didn’t do too much! Just have some stories about past experiences to share! I honestly think I just googled top interview questions and did that 😂. They also will usually ask an ethical question so just make sure to explain your reasoning behind it. Maybe it’s changed since it’s in person again but it was very low stress! They just want to get to know you! If I’d say anything, if you have weak parts of your application be prepared to explain- or bring it up before they ask about it. Like I said super low stress! Just relax and you’ll do great!!

25 minutes ago, Abbey21 said:

I honestly didn’t do too much! Just have some stories about past experiences to share! I honestly think I just googled top interview questions and did that 😂. They also will usually ask an ethical question so just make sure to explain your reasoning behind it. Maybe it’s changed since it’s in person again but it was very low stress! They just want to get to know you! If I’d say anything, if you have weak parts of your application be prepared to explain- or bring it up before they ask about it. Like I said super low stress! Just relax and you’ll do great!!

Thanks for your response 😊 

On 7/5/2021 at 8:54 PM, Cha123 said:

HI, this gives me lots of hope. My GRE is a 290, all my other stats are pretty strong. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? 

Absolutely!

Degree: Neuroscience

GPA: 3.71

Science GPA: 3.64

GRE: 151 verbal, 143 quantitative, and 4.0 writing

PCE: 1,840 hours as a medical assistant at a dermatology practice 

PA shadowing: 107 hours

Volunteering: 126 hours

Letters of recommendation: PA, MD, NP, and anatomy professor 

Hope this helps!! Good luck everyone 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ald198 said:

Hi everyone! I have an interview tomorrow and I haven’t received anything since I confirmed my interview. We’re they supposed to send a schedule or an update of the interview format or anything? Also good luck to everyone! 

Hey! I’m a first year student at South so I may not have all the answers but you should just come whenever they told you. You’ll be split into two groups and while one group interviews with a few faculty the other will be doing some get to know you activities as well as some “testing” (don’t worry about it at all it’s like do you understand what this passage is saying type questions). Some of the first years are going to try and stop in for some Q&A in between our exams and classes. Good luck! 

7 hours ago, Abbey21 said:

Hey! I’m a first year student at South so I may not have all the answers but you should just come whenever they told you. You’ll be split into two groups and while one group interviews with a few faculty the other will be doing some get to know you activities as well as some “testing” (don’t worry about it at all it’s like do you understand what this passage is saying type questions). Some of the first years are going to try and stop in for some Q&A in between our exams and classes. Good luck! 

Thank you so much for your reply! I look forward to meeting everyone today!