Interviews: Class of 2015

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed on Nov 15th and we were told we would hear back "by the holidays". There were 6 people in my interview group. Anyone have any idea how many spots are left? Perhaps they are holding the Oct and Nov decisions until the last interview group in December.

Hello Folks,

I'm interviewing in January- are the interviews conducted in small groups and/or individual? From reading everyone's comments it sounds like both styles are incorporated into the interviews, but how does that work? Do the small groups get asked the same questions? I attended another interview where questions were asked "round robin" and I had to sit and listen to others credentials before answering for myself. Any info to help prep for the interview would be very helpful!

Thanks!

So the interview starts out with everyone gathering together in a board room and doing a writing sample. Dont stress, mine was a pretty obvious ethics question. Then the "group interview" is conducted by current students and is basically just everyone (maybe 10 of you?) chipping in to discuss the PA profession. It definitely isn't three of you with a panel being bombarded with serious questions. The students then give you a quick tour of the class rooms and then staff/profs start to take you for 2 one on one interviews. This takes a while but the current students stay while this occurs and answer all the questions you can think of (I even asked if I could bring a blanket to class since the rooms were cold and due to the dresscode I wouldnt be wearing sweats...the answer is yes in case you were wondering). It should finish around 1pm. I enjoyed my experience and it was really the one on one interviews that solidified my decision to attend Cornell. They were the only school that actually read my application and commented about the little dumb details thats I was proud of but no one else cared about. Hope your experience is as fun and positive as mine was. Good luck!

I was asked to submit a secondary application with a due date of Dec 5. For those of you interviewing in January, can I ask when you were asked to submit your secondary application and then subsequently asked to interview? Trying to gauge where they are in the line-up (and wondering if all hope is lost). Thanks so much!

Archived