Interviews: Class of 2015

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

BMCQU,

Its not bad, the interviewers and the students are all very supportive. Its a very welcoming atmosphere.

And I asked that same question during my interview. Remember there are only 30 students in the program so 72% means only like 3 students. They told me that since that year they have done significant research as to why those students didn't pass and since then they work a lot more closely with the students to prepare them for the PANCE. In 2012 they were back in the high 90s.

I just received my supplemental app yesterday and am sending it in today. Not to get ahead of myself, but does anyone have any info about the set up of the interviews? One on One, groups, ect. Also, how long after submitting your supplemental did you have to wait back to get an interview invite?

I am interested in applying to Cornell's program in two years upon completion of my prerequisite courses. If anyone is willing to share I would be interesting in knowing the stats of those who applied, were invited to interview, and were denied/accepted!

And congratulations to your acceptances! Best of luck.

@kstanley12 I received my supplemental app at the beginning of July, it was due within about a week, then I heard back about an interview invite around a week and a half later. That may be a somewhat accelerate timeline since it was the first interview group, not sure. The interview was both group and individual... Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected. Just prepare as you would for any other interview. Hopefully by this point you know why you want to be a PA etc and what some strengths and weaknesses are that you posses. It was a very welcoming group, good luck!

@eohpitt1 I called and the office secretary said to send the deposit to the 575 Lexington Ave. building rather than the York Ave address on the letter. She said the letter didn't have to be addressed to anyone in particular, so I just addressed it to the chair of the program, but I don't think it really matters. Congratulations on your acceptance!!

• 2 weeks later...

Fingers crossed everyone in NYC and on the east coast (me included) make it through Sandy ok... but all I can think of is that they are supposed to be meeting tomorrow about our acceptances and now that's probably postponed. Of course a hurricane would add to the wait...

• 2 weeks later...

I was sent an email to turn in my secondary application by 11/1. I mailed it off on 10/29, priority mail, but b/c of Sandy, it didn't arrive until 11/5. After calling, I was told it wasn't a problem. I wish everyone affected by the storm the best and want them to make themselves a priority, but I also want my application reviewed. Would love to have an interview soon. We shall see.

sefriedman, I had to call the office to get confirmation that my deposit was received. It was really hard to get hold of someone though, due to sandy of course. The phone lines were not working. After finally getting in touch with the recepotionist, she said that the packets won't be sent out until January..I thought that was pretty late considering it has our housing info and financial aid info in it, but I guess they've done this enough times to know how it's done!

Archived