2021 - 2022 Application Cycle

On 7/10/2021 at 2:10 PM, bumperscars said:

Did you end up hearing anything this week? I also interviewed 6/29 and 6/30 and oh boyyyyy am I losing my mind waiting for a phone call! I can’t tell if the silence is just because they haven’t contacted anyone yet or if it’s because I’m not getting a phone call😮💨 I guess when they said 2 weeks they really meant it haha

I haven’t heard either! Also I reached out to Rose who’s one of the administrative assistants about something separate and she said they were still making decisions. And according to some current students they are notorious for waiting until the last possible day to tell us 😅 so all and all I think we will hear maybe on Wednesday!

Edited by Cef1110
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sgit25 said:

Yesterday during our interview they said that they're running a little behind and that it could be 4-6 weeks before we hear, so they probably haven't reached out to anyone yet! 

Thank you for sharing this! I know that those of us who were in the first interview in June have been anxiously awaiting that "2 week mark" that they had mentioned to us - so it is a bit of a relief to hear that they told you they are just running behind. Congrats on having your interview, by the way. I hope it went well! And thanks again for the update 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paapplicant2 said:

Did those of you that received the link to the supplemental application also pay an additional fee? I saw their website mentioned an additional fee with the supplemental application but I was never prompted to submit the payment

I believe they waived the $60 fee this year. I read it on a pdf they had on their website stating updates they made for this cycle 

• Thanks 1

Are applications rolling?? Or do they allow prerequisites in progress at the time of application?

I'm currently taking microbio/lab, physio/lab, anatomy/lab and finishing on july 29. 

If they allow prereqs in progress I want to apply now, but if they dont, would it be too late to apply in august?

fairly strong application otherwise: 3.7gpa, 4500+hours PCE, 3 strong LOR, lots of leadership, HCE, and extracurriculars. PA virtual shadowing only!

12 minutes ago, MeganSC said:

Are applications rolling?? Or do they allow prerequisites in progress at the time of application?

I'm currently taking microbio/lab, physio/lab, anatomy/lab and finishing on july 29. 

If they allow prereqs in progress I want to apply now, but if they dont, would it be too late to apply in august?

fairly strong application otherwise: 3.7gpa, 4500+hours PCE, 3 strong LOR, lots of leadership, HCE, and extracurriculars. PA virtual shadowing only!

They're rolling (during an applicant advisory session they suggested submitting prior to July), and their website "strongly suggests" that all prereqs be completed prior to applying which is pretty vague. You could try emailing them to see if they have an unlisted cut-off that they consider for in-progress courses? 

So I submitted my secondary on Tuesday night (7/19), and it said that it had to be "received" by 7/20. Now I'm in a tailspin thinking they meant it had to be processed by 7/20? I haven't gotten any confirmation that they have it, and I'm wondering whether I should reach out to Rose (who I emailed it to) or if I should just chill since email timestamps are a thing. Or have I royally screwed up and I should've submitted it way earlier?

Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, thisisliz said:

So I submitted my secondary on Tuesday night (7/19), and it said that it had to be "received" by 7/20. Now I'm in a tailspin thinking they meant it had to be processed by 7/20? I haven't gotten any confirmation that they have it, and I'm wondering whether I should reach out to Rose (who I emailed it to) or if I should just chill since email timestamps are a thing. Or have I royally screwed up and I should've submitted it way earlier?

Thoughts?

I wouldn't stress. I do think it's best to send your secondary as quickly as possible after you get it (I submitted mine the next day - and I got the interview invite before the deadline for my secondary), BUT you definitely have until the deadline to submit (not for processing). So you weren't late by any means. You'll probably get confirmation of receipt by later today or tomorrow. 🙂 take a deep breath - I think you're fine. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2021 at 11:30 PM, almondmilk said:

How long did it take to receive the supplemental link after being verified on caspa? Super anxious, I submitted this past weekend 

Hi,

I am in the same boat. Submitted around the same time (06/26) but haven’t heard back anything. Just wondering if you got lucky.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, App2021 said:

I wouldn't stress. I do think it's best to send your secondary as quickly as possible after you get it (I submitted mine the next day - and I got the interview invite before the deadline for my secondary), BUT you definitely have until the deadline to submit (not for processing). So you weren't late by any means. You'll probably get confirmation of receipt by later today or tomorrow. 🙂 take a deep breath - I think you're fine. Good luck!

Thank you! Yeah, I definitely should have submitted it sooner but wanted to have someone at work look at my essays before I finalized everything. Hopefully they won't hold that against me! For now I'll just try to breathe...