2021 - 2022 Application Cycle

Just now, Alize said:

This is my first cycle applying and I still got the email! I have no idea how they chose who to send the email to. 

really! I'm just hoping this wasn't a breach into their email.. another person had the same email but the wording differed a bit including "opportunity of a lifetime.." 

5 hours ago, PAHopeful1991 said:

No! I did not, which makes me worried. What did the email say?

Greetings from Long Island University. 

We have great news! One opening just became available in LIU's prestigious Physicians Assistant program which starts on September 1, 2021. 

The committee will be meeting today and tomorrow to re-review your application if you are interested. Please respond with the best number at which we can reach you if you would like special consideration for this application re-review process.   

Call or text us today with any questions at 914-705-3023.  Our communities need you now more than ever to help keep us healthy and safe.   

We look forward to hearing from you.  

Sincerely,

Deirdre A. Whitman
Vice President of University Admissions 
Long Island University 

6 minutes ago, PrePA1003 said:

really! I'm just hoping this wasn't a breach into their email.. another person had the same email but the wording differed a bit including "opportunity of a lifetime.." 

Yeah, I definitely considered that it could be a scam email. I feel like by now, the school would have addressed it if it was a hacked email kinda deal . Someone also mentioned on the pre pa Facebook page that they did this before with a previous cohort. At least that’s what that one person said. 🤷‍♀️
At this point, this situation just feels like a fever dream. 

Edited by Alize
Typo

2 minutes ago, Alize said:

Yeah, I definitely considered that it could be a scam email. I feel like by now though, the school would have addressed it if it was a hacked email kinda deal. Someone also mentioned on the pre pa Facebook page that they did this before with a previous cohort. At least that’s what that one person said. 🤷‍♀️

thats also a valid point! hahahah right! 

2 minutes ago, PrePA1003 said:

Greetings from Long Island University. 

We have great news! One opening just became available in LIU's prestigious Physicians Assistant program which starts on September 1, 2021. 

The committee will be meeting today and tomorrow to re-review your application if you are interested. Please respond with the best number at which we can reach you if you would like special consideration for this application re-review process.   

Call or text us today with any questions at 914-705-3023.  Our communities need you now more than ever to help keep us healthy and safe.   

We look forward to hearing from you.  

Sincerely,

Deirdre A. Whitman
Vice President of University Admissions 
Long Island University 

2 minutes ago, Alize said:

Yeah, I definitely considered that it could be a scam email. I feel like by now, the school would have addressed it if it was a hacked email kinda deal . Someone also mentioned on the pre pa Facebook page that they did this before with a previous cohort. At least that’s what that one person said. 🤷‍♀️

I just called the PA dept and left a message asking if the email was real or not. Hopefully they get back to me. 
The number provided in the email did not answer when I called. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, prepa1379 said:

uhh guys I just got an acceptance email to the program but I didn’t even interview? I applied Sept 1. Did anyone else get this email Im kind of freaking out haha

this was my email it had my name and caspa number on it. Maybe I should email admissions to confirm if they’re doing interviews this cycle?5F0FDD01-276C-4BD0-804A-688B1131FA74.thumb.jpeg.54aae21cdd0a1fa0e2be1ec51c326a74.jpeg

20 minutes ago, prepa1379 said:

this was my email it had my name and caspa number on it. Maybe I should email admissions to confirm if they’re doing interviews this cycle?5F0FDD01-276C-4BD0-804A-688B1131FA74.thumb.jpeg.54aae21cdd0a1fa0e2be1ec51c326a74.jpeg

I, too, got the same email around the same time with no interview... I will also be trying to contact admissions for confirmation. 🥲

1 hour ago, prepa1379 said:

I got the same email. I msg'd my partner: "Is this a mistake, I haven't interviewed?" and they thought I was just being humble. But then I reasoned that my GRE hadn't arrived to LIU yet and they never sent the confirmation email to me, so I was not hopeful.

an hour later I got a follow-up email apology stating it was "a systematic glitch" meant to confirm receipt of application, and "an interview must take place first." LOL they will be in touch soon. Is this my confirmation email?

At least it's not a rejection email, less news is good news too?

Edited by Reyyy

• 2 weeks later...