2021 - 2022

Just starting this thread for the new application cycle.

Good luck to everyone! 

For those who have gotten interviews already:

- Can you share you stats and PCE experience/hours?

- FIrst time or reapplicant?

- When did you submit, application verified and interview request/date? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 12:08 PM, thisisliz said:

Hello! Just submitted my supplemental fee (I completely forgot about it) and was verified today! Based off of previous years, I probably submitted too late to get considered, but worth a shot anyway. Fingers crossed for everyone!

I also summited at the end of June. Do you think that is considered late? Do they have rolling admission? 

21 hours ago, Arbi18 said:

I also summited at the end of June. Do you think that is considered late? Do they have rolling admission? 

Hofstra has rolling admissions, and according to some previous year's threads it seems like they might've never made it much past early June submissions. According to their confirmation email, they don't start reviewing apps until mid-summer, and warn that it's a "thoroughly and lengthy process". Looked like last year the early May applicants weren't getting interview invites until around August.

Hello everyone, 

For those who applied to Hofstra, is this the mission statment that the question on CASPA is referring to?

"The mission of the Hofstra University Program in Physician Assistant Studies is to educate physician assistants to provide health care with clinical excellence, compassion and dedication to the community."

8 minutes ago, patelp said:

Hello everyone, 

For those who applied to Hofstra, is this the mission statment that the question on CASPA is referring to?

"The mission of the Hofstra University Program in Physician Assistant Studies is to educate physician assistants to provide health care with clinical excellence, compassion and dedication to the community."

Where did you find that mission statement? It's slightly different than the version I found on their website here:

https://www.hofstra.edu/physician-assistant-studies/about.html#mission

4 minutes ago, thisisliz said:

Where did you find that mission statement? It's slightly different than the version I found on their website here:

https://www.hofstra.edu/physician-assistant-studies/about.html#mission

I found it from a PDF file they had but it was 2011. I will use the one you have provided as it seems to be a more recent find. Thank you so much! And good luck!

Just now, patelp said:

I found it from a PDF file they had but it was 2011. I will use the one you have provided as it seems to be a more recent find. Thank you so much! And good luck!

If it's not listed in the application itself, most programs will have their program mission/goals etc somewhere on their website. Best of luck with your application!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 12:08 PM, thisisliz said:

Hello! Just submitted my supplemental fee (I completely forgot about it) and was verified today! Based off of previous years, I probably submitted too late to get considered, but worth a shot anyway. Fingers crossed for everyone!

When did you get your confirmation email? I submitted to them on 7/21 and was verified the same day (I know this is super late) but still haven't received an email that they at least received my application 😕

1 hour ago, gabmar said:

When did you get your confirmation email? I submitted to them on 7/21 and was verified the same day (I know this is super late) but still haven't received an email that they at least received my application 😕

I was verified on 6/22 and got the confirmation email the next day (6/23). Have you checked your spam folder? The email address it comes from is the same generic one that a few others sent theirs from ("donotreply@webadmit.org"), so it could possibly be getting sorted there?

8 minutes ago, thisisliz said:

I was verified on 6/22 and got the confirmation email the next day (6/23). Have you checked your spam folder? The email address it comes from is the same generic one that a few others sent theirs from ("donotreply@webadmit.org"), so it could possibly be getting sorted there?

Yeah I have checked my spam 😕 but nothing from Hofstra. UGH! I guess I can just reach out to them and let them know I never got a confirmation. Thank you! 

16 minutes ago, thisisliz said:

Wait, did you receive the confirmation after submitting your supplemental fee?

9 minutes ago, gabmar said:

Wait, did you receive the confirmation after submitting your supplemental fee?

I paid my supplemental fee the same day that I was verified and got a "payment receipt" for that immediately, and then got my confirmation the next day. Did you pay your supplemental fee yet? They might not consider it complete/received until they get that.

31 minutes ago, thisisliz said:

I paid my supplemental fee the same day that I was verified and got a "payment receipt" for that immediately, and then got my confirmation the next day. Did you pay your supplemental fee yet? They might not consider it complete/received until they get that.

I'm a moron and totally forgot the fee. I just submitted it and got the payment receipt so hopefully by tomorrow I'll get the email about being under review. Thank you so much for your help! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...