A.T. Still University PA Program

Hi, 

has anyone got interviews from the AT Still University for PA program? Did anyone apply without letter of recommendation from employer and health care professional like PA or nurse or MD and still got interview and/or accepted?

It is mentioned on their website the following:

Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation from professionals:

Please refer to the CASPA application instructions for specific guidelines and requirements for submitting letters of recommendation.

1. Employer or supervisor
  2. Health Care Practitioner (Physician, Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner)
  3. Faculty Member.

It does not say explicitly that all applicants need a LOR from each source PA, employer, and science professors. The way I understood is either source is acceptable.

I called them today because I received an email to submit a secondary application, and in their email it says: We require a letter of recommendation from each of the following professionals for a total of 3 letters:  employer or supervisor, health care practitioner (physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner) and a science faculty member.

I don't have a letter from employer and PA. What should I do? Any advice please?

Thank you all and have a blessed day!

I just applied to them with letters from 4 healthcare providers and 1 manager from my job. They emailed me and specifically told me I needed to send in a letter from a former professor before my application was considered completed. I needed to track down a professor and had him email a LOR to the school, I then got an email saying my application was complete and would be sent to the admissions team. 

So from my point of view, they are very serious about that requirement and will not consider you application complete until they get those LORs. 

As for advice, I would try to get LORs from the sources you are missing, because they will not consider your application complete until that is done. But you can call them and try to talk to them to see if they will make any exceptions. I kinda doubt it though as most PA schools are getting a lot of applications and they don't really have time to deal with applications that do not meet at least the minimum requirement. 

9 hours ago, buttercakes said:

I just applied to them with letters from 4 healthcare providers and 1 manager from my job. They emailed me and specifically told me I needed to send in a letter from a former professor before my application was considered completed. I needed to track down a professor and had him email a LOR to the school, I then got an email saying my application was complete and would be sent to the admissions team. 

So from my point of view, they are very serious about that requirement and will not consider you application complete until they get those LORs. 

As for advice, I would try to get LORs from the sources you are missing, because they will not consider your application complete until that is done. But you can call them and try to talk to them to see if they will make any exceptions. I kinda doubt it though as most PA schools are getting a lot of applications and they don't really have time to deal with applications that do not meet at least the minimum requirement. 

Hi, 

thank you for your reply

do you know if you had to provide an official or a personal email address to CASPA for the 4 healthcare providers and 1 manager? Do the PA admission see what email address was provided to CASPA for the recommender? Do they really care if the email address of the evaluator like a science professor or manager has to be official email like .edu or company specific domain one?

Had admission called your evaluators about the letters?

you can email me on the private message if you don't mind

Thank you 

Edited by PAdream21

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Anitamarie, 

I took the GRE general test for PA program and received 130 for verbal reasoning (1st percentile); quantitative reasoning 140( 7th percentile); analytical writing 2 (1st percentile).

are these score very low? Are they acceptable for PA program? Should I retake the test?

Please give advice

Thanks

1 hour ago, PAdream21 said:

Hi Anitamarie, 

I took the GRE general test for PA program and received 130 for verbal reasoning (1st percentile); quantitative reasoning 140( 7th percentile); analytical writing 2 (1st percentile).

are these score very low? Are they acceptable for PA program? Should I retake the test?

Please give advice

Thanks

Don't take this the wrong way but I can't tell if you're joking? As someone applying to PA school you should be able to understand that the 1st and 7th percentile are about as low as you can get. However, many schools don't have a "cutoff" or even want the gre in the first place. Most schools that do want the gre it is suggested to get around 50th percentile in each category but that's not always required. For any school that does require the gre it would be highly suggested you retake the test.