2021-2022 Application Cycle

Hello everyone! A confirmation email was sent to me that my CASPA application, supplemental application, and fee were received on June 17. The preferred deadline is September 1. Interview invitations will be sent from September to March. I purchased the book, How to "Ace" The Physician Assistant School Interview (https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/how-to-ace-the-physician-assistant-school-interview-andrew-j-rodican/1129496095), to prepare for the interview. I hope to receive an interview!  

Edited by PositiveMind

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, ccrodriguez said:

Hello everyone! I'm Cintia! Pleasure to be here! I submitted my application on May 17 via CASPA, verified a few days later, and my supplemental was submitted on June 13! I wish everyone nothing but good vibes on this journey! Be proud of where you stand. 

This is my first application cycle, and I am inevitably nervous yet super excited about this phase in my life!

How are you all preparing for interviews? I recently purchased a book from Amazon (link below) and I am wondering how you're all preparing. 

https://www.amazon.com/Physician-Assistant-School-Interview-Guide/dp/1732076006

I've also heard good things about that book. Another really great one is "How to Ace the Physician Assistant School Interview". I use this one for my interviews and it really helped me organize my thoughts. I also did some mock interviews and ended up getting into three of the 5 schools I applied to. 

On 8/1/2021 at 9:31 PM, Elsebond said:

Hi Y'all!

I saw that USC's mission really highlighted the underserved and community service, does anyone know if that means it is unlikely to get an interview with low volunteer hours? The pandemic and family illness scratched out a lot of my plans, and do not want to waste application fees applying if that is a dealbreaker for them. Thank you for any insight!

Wishing best of luck to everyone applying!

Sorry if this was a bit late! But no, that would not disqualify you at all. I went to USC and had ~200 volunteer hours. I also interview USC applicants and we take into consideration volunteer hours completed, but also the desire to serve in the future as a PA. Good luck!

Just got an interview for October 23rd! I'm in a loss of words.... USC is my top school! 

For anyone who is interviewing or has applied, they told me I need proof that I will be completing 1 year of beginning Spanish, but I have taken my AP Spanish language test and passed already and have finished 4 years of Spanish prior to that as well. Does anyone have any input on this matter? 

Alex 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, AlexMk said:

Just got an interview for October 23rd! I'm in a loss of words.... USC is my top school! 

For anyone who is interviewing or has applied, they told me I need proof that I will be completing 1 year of beginning Spanish, but I have taken my AP Spanish language test and passed already and have finished 4 years of Spanish prior to that as well. Does anyone have any input on this matter? 

Alex 

Hi Alex,

would you mind sharing when your application was complete?

Congrats on receiving an interview invite at your top school!!!

On 9/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, AlexMk said:

Alex 

Congratulations! USC is a great program, Fight On!

On 9/16/2021 at 12:33 PM, CaliPA91 said:

Hey, I still haven't submitted my supplemental, I was going to this weekend. Do you think it's too late? 

I haven't either and it's what, less than 4 weeks before deadline AND they're rolling? Funny enough - they were my first application submission. I've been dragging my feet and I don't know why 😪. Have you submitted since you last posted @CaliPA91?

Edited by therealochin