2021-2022 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm Cintia! Pleasure to be here! I submitted my application on May 17 via CASPA, verified a few days later, and my supplemental was submitted on June 13! I wish everyone nothing but good vibes on this journey! Be proud of where you stand. 

This is my first application cycle, and I am inevitably nervous yet super excited about this phase in my life!

How are you all preparing for interviews? I recently purchased a book from Amazon (link below) and I am wondering how you're all preparing. 

https://www.amazon.com/Physician-Assistant-School-Interview-Guide/dp/1732076006

Edited by ccrodriguez

Hey everybody! CASPA was verified 5/28, submitted to USC 6/9, supplemental submitted (just now) 6/22, money order sent earlier today (technically yesterday, 6/21, since it is past midnight) and expected to arrive tomorrow. Now I'm just waiting on the confirmation from USC that my app is complete. 

I'm surprised there aren't more people following this thread or posting that they're applying!! Maybe it's bc the supp is so long lol it's still too early. It definitely took me a while to complete and is probably my longest secondary. Anyway, wishing all the success to us. ❤️

Btw, this was my last application. Feels great.

@AlexMk Night owls! 😉

• Upvote 1

On 6/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, ccrodriguez said:

Hello everyone! I'm Cintia! Pleasure to be here! I submitted my application on May 17 via CASPA, verified a few days later, and my supplemental was submitted on June 13! I wish everyone nothing but good vibes on this journey! Be proud of where you stand. 

This is my first application cycle, and I am inevitably nervous yet super excited about this phase in my life!

How are you all preparing for interviews? I recently purchased a book from Amazon (link below) and I am wondering how you're all preparing. 

https://www.amazon.com/Physician-Assistant-School-Interview-Guide/dp/1732076006

Hi Cintia! It's my first cycle too, and I'm right there with ya. Mostly excited but still a little nervous. I have heard great things about mock interviews with My PA Resource (I think that's what it's called). I'm also gonna practice with my sister.

I'm gonna check out that book you linked though!!

• Upvote 1

Hi guys! I’m a first-time applicant as well and anxiously awaiting for any responses at this point. The waiting game is brutal! 
I submitted my app on 06/01, verified 06/02 and still working on my supplemental - definitely a long one, though not as long as LLU lol. Can any one give me further information about how to send a money order? Is there a way I can do it online? Any information helps, thanks! 😊

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pacarranza said:

Hi guys! I’m a first-time applicant as well and anxiously awaiting for any responses at this point. The waiting game is brutal! 
I submitted my app on 06/01, verified 06/02 and still working on my supplemental - definitely a long one, though not as long as LLU lol. Can any one give me further information about how to send a money order? Is there a way I can do it online? Any information helps, thanks! 😊

Omg, agreed! LLU’s was sooo long. Did you know they are having an in-person pre-PA conference next Sunday?

I chose money order instead of cashier’s check bc it sounded cheaper. I just went to my local USPS and asked the front desk since I didn’t know how to do it either. You just pay using debit, fill out the form, and send it via priority mail so that you can track it. Make sure you put down the address USC gives you on the CASPA website. Hope this helps!! 🙂

Edit: I don’t think you can do it online. 😕

Edited by bobafiend

6 hours ago, pacarranza said:

Hi 🙂 I actually did a cashier's check. It was really easy. I just showed the bank teller the address, which he printed on the the check. I mailed it in and got confirmation that they received it a few days ago. I mailed it back in May. 

Hey Everyone,

USC is one of my top schools which I am anxious to get interviews for so let's take a stab at this.

Baccalaureate GPA: 3.1

S GPA: 3.2

Post-Baccalaureate GPA: 3.8 (Took 70 units of Science Courses lol)

Pre-Req GPA: 3.8 

PCE: 10,692 (OR Technician, Physical Therapy Assistant, Physiotherapy Assistant, Medical Assistant, ER Tech)

HCE: 5,422 (UCI Department Of Family Medicine, Geriatrics and Gerontology, Valley Regional Home Health and Hospice, Glendale Memorial Hospital ICU)

Shadowing Physicians and PA's: 832

Volunteering: AHA (Co-Marketing Board), ICU at Glendale Memorial Hospital, Committee for Armenian Students in Public Schools (Academic and Advisory Board), Kiwanis International, Armenian Student Association

Leadership: President of the Junior State of America Foundation, Glendale City Council, Scholarship Board of Sigma Pi

Research: UCI Health Promotion Campaign Proposal (Director of Campaign Proposal and Research)

1 minute ago, MaddieQ said:

I am a little thrown off by the Spanish requirement... does everyone actually have that? Feels like a dumb question, but I don't know anyone that too a college level Spanish course.. 

Literally in the process of taking that class right now! Seems like there is no flexibility on that one. 

1 minute ago, MaddieQ said:

I am a little thrown off by the Spanish requirement... does everyone actually have that? Feels like a dumb question, but I don't know anyone that too a college level Spanish course.. 

I believe AP Spanish covers the requirement. I was able to receive 8 units worth of Spanish on my transcript because of this.

On 6/25/2021 at 6:27 PM, MaddieQ said:

I took a Spanish placement exam in college and had my college send a letter with my results directly to USC pa program via email.

On 6/25/2021 at 6:33 PM, AlexMk said:

I believe AP Spanish covers the requirement. I was able to receive 8 units worth of Spanish on my transcript because of this.

Did your AP Spanish automatically reflect on your transcripts as Spanish units? I ask because I took AP Spanish too but my AP credits only show, meaning it doesn't show as Spanish credits.

On 6/25/2021 at 6:27 PM, MaddieQ said:

Agreed. I personally don’t have collegiate Spanish and am worried. I’ve worked in plenty of settings where Spanish is the primarily language so I’m not worried about my abilities, but worried about being excluded due to the requirement. I guess I wouldn’t be surprised hah should have looked into that requirement a little more before applying. 

17 hours ago, Molliner said:

Did your AP Spanish automatically reflect on your transcripts as Spanish units? I ask because I took AP Spanish too but my AP credits only show, meaning it doesn't show as Spanish credits.

Yes I believe. I was granted units for those classes and did not have to take them at my undergrad.

Recently submitted my apps back in mid-June! I am so excited and nervous about applying but I am glad I found this forum! USC is one of my top choices and I actually found a girl on youtube who is going to USC’s pa school in the fall so I think I am going to watch her videos and see her experience at USC. 

Edited by caliprepa2021

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anybody receive an email with their USC ID? I clicked both the “mySC” link and the USC CASPA link trying to register, but neither worked… it also looks like since we applied through CASPA we don’t need this…? Kinda confused so let me know what you think!

• Upvote 1

I just received an email from USC this morning containing my USC ID. At the bottom of the email it states, "In the meantime, you are welcome to create an account on our student portal, youSC, where your decision letter will be posted once the review process is complete. Please allow three to five business days from receipt of this email before creating a youSC account." I believe we have to wait until next week before we can create an account. 

10 hours ago, chriscast said:

I just received an email from USC this morning containing my USC ID. At the bottom of the email it states, "In the meantime, you are welcome to create an account on our student portal, youSC, where your decision letter will be posted once the review process is complete. Please allow three to five business days from receipt of this email before creating a youSC account." I believe we have to wait until next week before we can create an account. 

That was my understanding as well. Give it a couple days before creating an account. 

Hi Y'all!

I saw that USC's mission really highlighted the underserved and community service, does anyone know if that means it is unlikely to get an interview with low volunteer hours? The pandemic and family illness scratched out a lot of my plans, and do not want to waste application fees applying if that is a dealbreaker for them. Thank you for any insight!

Wishing best of luck to everyone applying!