10 minutes ago, abdominalaorticaneurysm said:

Without totally revealing who I am. Let’s just say it’s a top 10 school. NOT that ranking means anything at all tbh. This is actually a very difficult decision for me because the MBKU faculty were great, I love modular learning, and I absolutely love orange county and want to end up there. I would definitely go here if I didn’t get accepted at the other school. So it’s really tearing me apart but it’s not likely I’d drop my other seat. Like a part of me is like am I making the right decision? So much is exactly what I want at MBKU but I just feel like I can’t turn down the other school. It’s like should I choose the far away “top” school or choose MBKU that is in an area where I want to end up permanently. 

Totally just inserting my own input based on PAs I’ve talked to, but several have told me that rankings mean nearly nothing after you graduate, and it’s way more important to make connections in the community where you ultimately want to work. 

Either way it sounds like you have excellent choices! Good luck 

21 minutes ago, abdominalaorticaneurysm said:

Without totally revealing who I am. Let’s just say it’s a top 10 school. NOT that ranking means anything at all tbh. This is actually a very difficult decision for me because the MBKU faculty were great, I love modular learning, and I absolutely love orange county and want to end up there. I would definitely go here if I didn’t get accepted at the other school. So it’s really tearing me apart but it’s not likely I’d drop my other seat. Like a part of me is like am I making the right decision? So much is exactly what I want at MBKU but I just feel like I can’t turn down the other school. It’s like should I choose the far away “top” school or choose MBKU that is in an area where I want to end up permanently. 

Oh I’m so sorry if that was inappropriate to ask 😣 I have a friend who chose a top 10 program over MBKU and felt the same way! Had they not been accepted at the other program, MBKU would have been their next choice too. Regardless of what program, congrats on your acceptance!☺️

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AnonHUBPA said:

Waitlist emails sent out. I guess being a suma cumlaude, having 2000+hospital exp, and what felt like a solid interview didn’t make the cut. Oh well. 

A waitlist email is better than no emails yet at all probably. I’m sure the next thing they’ll send out are rejection emails 😣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/16/2022 at 2:30 PM, pacarranza said:

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in here and say keep your hopes up! They are still making acceptance calls as I just received mine at 2:11 PM today! I’m super stoked and feeling blessed - I thought I did not perform well in the interview 😭 Hang in there, I’m sure you’ll hear good news soon ❤️

Congratulations!!! I got accepted in Wednesday as well, do you know if there's a group chat or fb group?

On 2/19/2022 at 3:07 PM, PAhopeful126 said:

Congratulations!!! I got accepted in Wednesday as well, do you know if there's a group chat or fb group?

7 hours ago, bsa97 said:

Has anyone created a FB group for 2024? 🙂 

According to last years thread, once all seats have been filled for our cohort, an official FB group will be made so that we can connect and find roommates/ living arrangements 😊 But we can always make a GroupMe chat as well!