Chatham University 2021-2022 Cycle

24 minutes ago, stetho said:

I recieved an email about waitlist. So there is bunch of students listed in priority list before waitlist. Am I right? They do not publish the rank of waitlist and I was not invited for an interview so I do not think I will get in From the waitlist. Good luck everyone 

Same. Does this mean it is possible to get in without an interview?

5 minutes ago, gwiley said:

For my case I was interviewed, maybe you are talking about a waitlist for an interview. It is impossible to be admitted to a PA program without an interview.

Edited by 007PA

37 minutes ago, gwiley said:

I’m pretty sure an interview is required but during one of the informational zoom meeting Tyson said they will do interviews (one-on-one I believe) after the two group interview days.  So what I got from that is an interview is required but if you didn’t make in one of the two group interview days there’s still a chance. ✌

Edited by Bking123

1 hour ago, bwienz5 said:

Hi yall, i will be declining my offer. Really hope this opens a spot for the rest of you!!

Thank you! 
I was also placed on the priority waitlist, does anyone know if Chatham has different waitlist options and what each entail? So far I noticed people have mentioned regular waitlisted, priority waitlisted and an alternate waitlisted? 

11 hours ago, Augustine1 said:

Is there any group on Facebook or groupMe for those accepted?

I went to the virtual info session! There will be an official FB group link sent out in Jan. Here’s the timeline below: 

Decision Timeline:

•October: 1stround of admitted students

•November: 2ndround of admitted and waitlisted students

•December: Initial roster finalized

•January: Admitted students invited to Facebook group

•Throughout Spring: Rolling admission off the waitlist, virtual info sessions for deposited students

•March: Health Requirements sent

•May: PA Student Website opens

•June: PA/OT/PT Grad Student Mixer

•Early August: Orientation Week

•Last Monday in August: First day of classes

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, nataliej said:

I was recently placed on the priority waitlist for Chatham. I am very excited and I was wondering if anyone knows how likely you are to be accepted if you are on the priority waitlist as opposed to the regular waitlist. Thanks!

Were you on another waitlist and got moved up or is this the first you heard from them?  I’ve been patiently waiting on the priority waitlist since end of November and have heard nothing.  I guess it all depends on the ranking within the waitlist.  I’m feeling defeated too because I thought my interview went well … not well enough I guess.  I really like Chatham and hope it will work out.  Best of luck to all of us still waiting and congrats to those who got a spot!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 10:15 AM, Bking123 said:

Were you on another waitlist and got moved up or is this the first you heard from them?  I’ve been patiently waiting on the priority waitlist since end of November and have heard nothing.  I guess it all depends on the ranking within the waitlist.  I’m feeling defeated too because I thought my interview went well … not well enough I guess.  I really like Chatham and hope it will work out.  Best of luck to all of us still waiting and congrats to those who got a spot!

So I was originally placed on the priority waitlist after my interview in October. I am still on the priority waitlist and I was wondering my chances of being accepted. I know some PA schools go pretty far through the waitlist so the waitlisted students are still really likely to get in. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like few others, I’m also on the waitlist. For the past few years, I have been talking with the admissions rep.while prepping to enter Chatham. He was really great at keeping the lines of communication open. Sadly, as of Nov. 2021 he is no longer with the University. Equally as unfortunate is that his replacement hasn’t responded to any of my emails since. The communication I had with Chatham has gone from great, to nothing.

While I’m still on the wait list, awaiting any type of communication,  I have to admit the complete polar approach to responses has left me less interested. Hopefully this changes.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:21 PM, SoonToBePAS said:

Like few others, I’m also on the waitlist. For the past few years, I have been talking with the admissions rep.while prepping to enter Chatham. He was really great at keeping the lines of communication open. Sadly, as of Nov. 2021 he is no longer with the University. Equally as unfortunate is that his replacement hasn’t responded to any of my emails since. The communication I had with Chatham has gone from great, to nothing.

While I’m still on the wait list, awaiting any type of communication,  I have to admit the complete polar approach to responses has left me less interested. Hopefully this changes.

I’ve had the exact same experience! I am on the priority waitlist and unfortunately I had not received an answer to any of the 3 emails I have sent over a month ago. Hoping this will change/ we will hear some news soon! Any news would be appreciated at this point 

• 5 months later...