California Baptist 2021-2022

Hey everyone! Submitted 5/28 and verified same day. 

2 hours ago, slsorange said:

Starting this thread ! Good luck to everyone!

Submitted May 3rd, Supplemental questionnaire submitted same day, Verified May 13th. No confirmation email since then.

Did they email you the supplemental questionnaire? How long did it take for them to reach out after you submitted?

Edited by bobafiend

2 hours ago, bobafiend said:

Hey everyone! Submitted 5/28 and verified same day. 

Did they email you the supplemental questionnaire? How long did it take for them to reach out after you submitted?

I received the supplemental 2 days after the submission, via email! 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Luna98 said:

Hi! I looked online and it says that CBU does not have a supplemental application. Are there additional essay questions on the supplemental questionnaire? 

It’s just a questionnaire they email you after you submit CASPA. 🙂 They ask about what religion you identify with. Nothing big!

Hey there. Any of you having a hard time typing your name in the questionnaire? I’ve tried using my iPad pro, iPhone, and regular ol’ PC, but no text seems to appear when I try to type my name in. Obviously not ideal since I want them to know who I am haha! The bottom signature text box works, so maybe that’s all that’s needed?

Thanks for your help. 

Lane

Edited by LTG515

On 6/26/2021 at 11:28 AM, LTG515 said:

Hey there. Any of you having a hard time typing your name in the questionnaire? I’ve tried using my iPad pro, iPhone, and regular ol’ PC, but no text seems to appear when I try to type my name in. Obviously not ideal since I want them to know who I am haha! The bottom signature text box works, so maybe that’s all that’s needed?

Thanks for your help. 

Lane

Update: I contacted CBU and heard back. They resent the questionnaire link, this time it had my name and program pre-filled. This link also asked for a SSN, whereas the last one didn’t. So maybe some things to look for if you happen to get sent a questionnaire that doesn’t work. Hope this helps!

Just want to call attention to the fact that 20 hrs of in-person shadowing is basically “necessary” to receive an interview invite from this program. It says “highly recommended” on their website, but you can practically treat it as a “requirement”. Something to consider! 

I am kinda bummed bc I wasn’t able to shadow any providers in person due to COVID. I already submitted my app though so I guess we’ll find out. 

14 hours ago, bobafiend said:

Just want to call attention to the fact that 20 hrs of in-person shadowing is basically “necessary” to receive an interview invite from this program. It says “highly recommended” on their website, but you can practically treat it as a “requirement”. Something to consider! 

I am kinda bummed bc I wasn’t able to shadow any providers in person due to COVID. I already submitted my app though so I guess we’ll find out. 

Do you think that certain jobs (say scribing for example) would be included in those hours since the job entails working for a provider? One could argue you get a better idea of what a provider does by working for them rather than just shadowing them. 

5 minutes ago, LTG515 said:

Do you think that certain jobs (say scribing for example) would be included in those hours since the job entails working for a provider? One could argue you get a better idea of what a provider does by working for them rather than just shadowing them. 

The admissions officer specified that these shadowing hours have to be completed "outside of your workplace", so I'm going to say no, unfortunately. I would make that same argument lol. I worked alongside PAs and spent a lot of time talking to them about the profession. A lot of us pre-PA folk also work with physicians regularly, but it seems CBU is pretty strict about this.

5 minutes ago, bobafiend said:

The admissions officer specified that these shadowing hours have to be completed "outside of your workplace", so I'm going to say no, unfortunately. I would make that same argument lol. I worked alongside PAs and spent a lot of time talking to them about the profession. A lot of us pre-PA folk also work with physicians regularly, but it seems CBU is pretty strict about this.

Ahhh very good insight! Yea you just do what you can, work hard, and hope the school counts it all. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After completing the supplemental questionnaire back in May, I received an email a few days ago. It said that they received the supplemental and that interviews begin in August and continue through March. Only 120 interview slots max. Exciting that they are reviewing applications now!

On 8/23/2021 at 7:51 PM, PAlyfe1 said:

After completing the supplemental questionnaire back in May, I received an email a few days ago. It said that they received the supplemental and that interviews begin in August and continue through March. Only 120 interview slots max. Exciting that they are reviewing applications now!

I applied back in June and I still haven’t received that questionnaire. You think I should contact them to make sure they have received my application? It just seems like it’s been a while and I feel like should’ve gotten something. 

Hi guys!

Just thought I'd give an update on this school. I received an invitation for a virtual interview for next Friday! For reference, I submitted my application around June 19th; supplemental questionnaire was confirmed August 20th, and they contacted me via email with 24 hours to respond. Good luck to all of you, hope you get your invitations as well. Fingers crossed! 😊

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 10:47 AM, Booboobusdriver said:

I applied back in June and I still haven’t received that questionnaire. You think I should contact them to make sure they have received my application? It just seems like it’s been a while and I feel like should’ve gotten something. 

Hey! I think you said you went to CBU for undergrad. The questionnaire was sent to your CBU email. I would check there first if you haven’t already! 

On 9/3/2021 at 5:17 AM, latinaapa said:

Hey! I think you said you went to CBU for undergrad. The questionnaire was sent to your CBU email. I would check there first if you haven’t already! 

Well you were right! By the grace of God I somehow managed to get into my cbu mail and the questionnaire was sitting right there. I have no idea why they would send it to my cbu email if I didn’t specify to use it in my CASPA application. I was certain they deleted my email because I stopped using it. Thank you for reminding me! I hope it’s not too late for my application 😅

Edited by Booboobusdriver

On 9/2/2021 at 12:01 AM, pacarranza said:

Hi guys!

Just thought I'd give an update on this school. I received an invitation for a virtual interview for next Friday! For reference, I submitted my application around June 19th; supplemental questionnaire was confirmed August 20th, and they contacted me via email with 24 hours to respond. Good luck to all of you, hope you get your invitations as well. Fingers crossed! 😊

Congratulations!!! 👏🏼👏🏼 Did you receive the invite by phone or email?