SBU Jan 2022

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, epark said:

Just got an interview invitation today! Hoping to interview on July 16th as long as there are still spots! Anyone else? Would also LOVE some insight on your experience in the program!

I just received an interview invitation today as well. I'm also going to be at the July 16th interview, so hopefully we'll be able to meet! 🙂

5 hours ago, epark said:

Just got an interview invitation today! Hoping to interview on July 16th as long as there are still spots! Anyone else? Would also LOVE some insight on your experience in the program!

4 hours ago, vvu21 said:

I just received an interview invitation today as well. I'm also going to be at the July 16th interview, so hopefully we'll be able to meet! 🙂

Welcome! Excited to see some new people, I'm currently in the program and they are having us meet the interviewees. It looks like I'll be there July 16th to meet you guys, feel free to ask me any questions!

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 8:27 PM, healthcarelover said:

Just got an interview invite for 8/6!! I’m so excited! Does anyone have any advice and insight on the interview day? From the emails it looks like its an all day interview which is so exciting but I am definitely nervous! 

I really enjoyed interviewing there! Even though the interview lasts the whole day, the time went by fast. The students and faculty are all very welcoming and truly just want to get to know you. 

• Like 3

On 7/15/2021 at 8:27 PM, healthcarelover said:

Just got an interview invite for 8/6!! I’m so excited! Does anyone have any advice and insight on the interview day? From the emails it looks like its an all day interview which is so exciting but I am definitely nervous! 

Hi there, congrats on your interview! I am a current student, outside of specifics I would recommend looking up answers to common PA interview questions (why do you want to become a PA?, etc.) and have some genuine responses rather than rehearsed ones. The environment is relatively relaxed compared to other interviews I have been on and the faculty are all very friendly. The best thing you can do is to come in confident, dress to impress, and be ready to showcase your strong points as an individual and team player.

3 hours ago, Laotian said:

Hi there, congrats on your interview! I am a current student, outside of specifics I would recommend looking up answers to common PA interview questions (why do you want to become a PA?, etc.) and have some genuine responses rather than rehearsed ones. The environment is relatively relaxed compared to other interviews I have been on and the faculty are all very friendly. The best thing you can do is to come in confident, dress to impress, and be ready to showcase your strong points as an individual and team player.

Thank you so much!! This definitely helps. Out of curiosity, what do you enjoy most about the program as a current student? 

32 minutes ago, healthcarelover said:

Thank you so much!! This definitely helps. Out of curiosity, what do you enjoy most about the program as a current student? 

So far, I really enjoy the low student to faculty ratio. As a new program they really want the students to succeed and I feel we get a lot of time and focused interaction versus bigger programs. Our class was slotted for 25, and if accepted your cohort would be 35, but we are also getting additional faculty soon. We've also had opportunities to go out into the community and provide volunteer care which was really cool. We are currently looking to incorporate an annual mission trip too. 

Students have also become part of the interview process, so we will all see you there August, feel free to ask me anything in the meantime!

12 hours ago, Laotian said:

So far, I really enjoy the low student to faculty ratio. As a new program they really want the students to succeed and I feel we get a lot of time and focused interaction versus bigger programs. Our class was slotted for 25, and if accepted your cohort would be 35, but we are also getting additional faculty soon. We've also had opportunities to go out into the community and provide volunteer care which was really cool. We are currently looking to incorporate an annual mission trip too. 

Students have also become part of the interview process, so we will all see you there August, feel free to ask me anything in the meantime!

I agree! The faculty's main focus is on the students, I never feel as though I am put on a back burner to things like clinical work or research. This was one of my biggest reasons for picking St. Bonaventure over the other school I was accepted at. The modular format is my favorite part, personally. When we are learning about the lungs in physiology, we are learning lung pathologies in clinical medicine, how to do a lung exam in assessment, and so on. It really helps keep me focused.

3 minutes ago, epark said:

Got the acceptance call this morning and have never felt more emotions in the span of five minutes! Hard work pays off, good luck to all of you with interviews coming up!

Congratulations! It was so nice meeting you, I am very happy for you!

3 hours ago, epark said:

Got the acceptance call this morning and have never felt more emotions in the span of five minutes! Hard work pays off, good luck to all of you with interviews coming up!

4 minutes ago, vvu21 said:

I got an acceptance call this morning! Beyond excited about what's to come🙂

Congrats guys! Super excited for you both and hope to see you next year!

2 hours ago, epark said:

Started looking into housing (obviously still early so not looking to commit to a place yet) but I'm having a terrible time finding anything... Any advice? @Laotian @KE5004

Yes, it's definitely even harder than last year being such a small town. I spoke with some of the faculty and it seems they have a potential dorm solution for graduates in the works and are meeting about it soon. I can update you as this develops, but occasionally checking apartment listings and FB marketplace has worked the best for me. We can give you feedback on areas of town you might be looking at and definite no-gos in terms of apartments because some students have issues and they ended up moving.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you guys! I have an upcoming to the interview on Friday, 8/6 and I am really excited! I had a few questions. I had a few general questions regarding what I should bring for the interview: would I need a laptop during the interview? Any other suggestions on how to be ready for interview day would be greatly appreciated! Cannot wait to meet all that are coming to the interview and the other students already at the program!

12 minutes ago, Harshada said:

Hey you guys! I have an upcoming to the interview on Friday, 8/6 and I am really excited! I had a few questions. I had a few general questions regarding what I should bring for the interview: would I need a laptop during the interview? Any other suggestions on how to be ready for interview day would be greatly appreciated! Cannot wait to meet all that are coming to the interview and the other students already at the program!

Hi there! Looking forward to meeting you on interview day, I will be around for the afternoon portion. You don't need a laptop, but you can bring one if you needed it for notes, etc. Definitely get a full night of sleep, especially if your commute or travel is long. The faculty and current students are all very friendly if that helps to ease the nerves at all. The best thing you can do for the interviews is to be ready and confident to showcase yourself as a strong candidate. If you haven't already definitely check out some of the common questions PA programs ask! 

Edited by Laotian

12 minutes ago, Harshada said:

Hello! I will also be around for the afternoon with Mark, and I agree, you won't need your laptop if you don't want to bring it! I would bring a watch to keep track of time. The program will provide most things, like a pen, water, lunch, etc. Good luck, let us know if you have anymore questions!

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, OriginJakuzure said:

Does anyone know when the last interview date they listed as early-September is? Wondering about the timeline when we should hear a final decision back. 

Hi there, it looks like the last interview date is September 18th. No definitive timeline, but I imagine they'll get back to most people within a week or 2 after that with updates.

• 2 weeks later...