Withdrawels

Hello! I just had a question about Withdrawals on my transcript. I have not done great in some classes and I definitely take blame in that due to personal reasoning. But I was wondering (the classes are just general classes I am to take in order to graduate from college) if I withdrew from them and then later took them in a community college and got a better score will that help my GPA as well as make my transcript look great due to the fact that I did not give up and went back into it with a better mindset and understanding. I am just worried. So far I have one withdrawal and I am a rising junior this fall and will maybe have to withdraw two of my general classes due to the fact that it messed up my GPA. I would really like to hear anyones opinion on this.

Thank you,

Ikrame 

You have a single withdrawal on your transcript after two years of college. So try to stop there. Reconsider your class schedule for the coming semesters. You know yourself as a student now. Don't sign up for a course load you are unlikely to manage well.

You cannot withdraw from a class that has already been completed - whatever grade you got is there now, and you will have to own up to it. Retaking the classes later and doing well can show growth, but the lower grade is still factored into your overall GPA for the purposes of CASPA.

11 hours ago, greenmood said:

You have a single withdrawal on your transcript after two years of college. So try to stop there. Reconsider your class schedule for the coming semesters. You know yourself as a student now. Don't sign up for a course load you are unlikely to manage well.

You cannot withdraw from a class that has already been completed - whatever grade you got is there now, and you will have to own up to it. Retaking the classes later and doing well can show growth, but the lower grade is still factored into your overall GPA for the purposes of CASPA.

So would it be in my best interest to retake the classes in a community college?

Depends on what grade you earned.

But let’s address your assumption that community college is automatically easier than wherever you are now (it’s not). Why would that impress an admissions committee? 

You need to demonstrate the ability to handle the course load of a rigorous PA program. So figure out what the problem is and then attack it. Show some growth!

1 hour ago, greenmood said:

Depends on what grade you earned.

But let’s address your assumption that community college is automatically easier than wherever you are now (it’s not). Why would that impress an admissions committee? 

You need to demonstrate the ability to handle the course load of a rigorous PA program. So figure out what the problem is and then attack it. Show some growth!

The only reason why community college is easier for me is in the financial department. I am paying school on my own and it is just much cheaper in my standards. I cannot afford classes outside of my financial aid in my institution.