WMU Application Cycle (2021-2022)

7 hours ago, APPrePA said:

Thank you for starting this thread and congrats on submission. I'm hoping it's a successful cycle for us all!

Have you by chance reached out to WMU's PA Program to inquire about their probationary Accreditation status?

Thank you! I have not reached out just yet. The status is not too concerning to me. On the ARC-PA website it seems like the probation status was given for the following reason:

Standards C2.01b-e (lacked evidence of a self-study report that documents b) results of critical analysis from the ongoing self-assessment, c) faculty evaluation of the curricular and administrative aspects of the program, d) modifications that occurred as a result of self-assessment and e) self-identified program strengths and areas in need of improvement).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 9:10 AM, ETfuturePA94 said:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to reach out on here and let you guys know that I will be a first year student starting PA school in September. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!

Hi, thank you for reaching out. 

Do you mind posting your timeline of your application process and if you would like to share your stats as well. 

Thank you 🙂 

10 hours ago, patelp said:

Hi, thank you for reaching out. 

Do you mind posting your timeline of your application process and if you would like to share your stats as well. 

Thank you 🙂 

I cant remember exactly when I submitted my application, but I think it was sometime in July. I received an interview invite in January and interviewed the end of January. Found out I was accepted a week after my interview!

CGPA: 3.4

SGPA: 3.5

PCE/HCE: 4,000+

Volunteer: maybe 300-400

Undergrad major: Medical laboratory science

Teaching experience as an anatomy TA

Shadowing: 60 hours

LOR came from nurse, science professor, work supervisor, volunteer supervisor

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 6:10 AM, ETfuturePA94 said:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to reach out on here and let you guys know that I will be a first year student starting PA school in September. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions!

Hello! Congratulations! I have a few questions about the interview. Is it a panel interview? MMI? Or one on one? Can you walk me through the day of interview? Can you also give me some tips or resources that you use to prepare for the interview? Thank you so much!

On 8/17/2021 at 8:03 PM, prepagirl10 said:

Hello! Congratulations! I have a few questions about the interview. Is it a panel interview? MMI? Or one on one? Can you walk me through the day of interview? Can you also give me some tips or resources that you use to prepare for the interview? Thank you so much!

My interview was MMI and there was an essay. The first half of my interview was the essay, a tour. The second half was my interview part. There were 5-7 stations. I did a mock MMI interview, read savanna Perry’s book, and watched a lot of YouTube videos on MMI!

• 1 month later...