Michigan State University (2021-2022)

23 minutes ago, Paige13 said:

For anyone that interviewed yesterday or today, how did it go and what was it like? 

I had a positive interview experience. Did not know who my interviewer was until I was placed in the breakout room. 1on1, 30 min, closed-file. Relevant topics: why PA, why MSU, PA scope of practice, personal experiences while on the job, future outlook for the profession. Very conversational, I would say it was not a "textbook" interview. 

• Like 2

Panicking a little  - I was verified 6/30 and received the supplemental on 7/6. And then I froze. I had such a hard time with the essays, I was just over thinking everything and fearful that it wouldn't be perfect or adequately reflect me... So I let this "writer's block" keep me from finalizing my essays and submitting until 9/20 🥴.  I'm so frustrated with myself, but I can't change anything now. 

I wrote an email to the program apologizing for my huge delay, and explaining that it wasn't due to lack of excitement about the program but rather my fear of not conveying how interested and prepared I am, etc. Oof. 

Mostly just posting this to get it off my chest but I'm nervous that I've ruined my chances by waiting so long. 

On 9/29/2021 at 12:35 AM, FromATCtoPAC said:

Panicking a little  - I was verified 6/30 and received the supplemental on 7/6. And then I froze. I had such a hard time with the essays, I was just over thinking everything and fearful that it wouldn't be perfect or adequately reflect me... So I let this "writer's block" keep me from finalizing my essays and submitting until 9/20 🥴.  I'm so frustrated with myself, but I can't change anything now. 

I wrote an email to the program apologizing for my huge delay, and explaining that it wasn't due to lack of excitement about the program but rather my fear of not conveying how interested and prepared I am, etc. Oof. 

Mostly just posting this to get it off my chest but I'm nervous that I've ruined my chances by waiting so long. 

Being that the CASPA app has to be verified by January 2022, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure people will still submit after you and that the admissions committee will pay close attention to you app 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, annafay said:

Does anyone know when MSU will be posting their accreditation status? I know they had the ARC meeting in September, but it is halfway through October and I am really curious. 

I think they’re provisional until the 1st class graduates. At least that’s what I understood from the informational meeting 

On 10/15/2021 at 11:42 AM, patelp said:

Those who received an interview invite, congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

pch 1800 as an EDT and MA, cGPA: 3.91, sGPA: 3.9, 150 pharmacy technician, 150 peer tutor, 80 anatomy TA, 130 supplemental instructor for general bio, 60 shadowing hours, misc other hours. Current senior pursing a health sciences degree

• 2 weeks later...