AP Course Titles are not appearing on my official transcript. Only Credit - How do I input this?

My official transcipt does not show the course title for my high school AP courses. It only lists credit. I am confused as to how to enter this into CASPA since the information has to be entered exactly as it appears on my transcript. I've emailed CASPA with no response. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 11:07 PM, NitaBB said:

My official transcipt does not show the course title for my high school AP courses. It only lists credit. I am confused as to how to enter this into CASPA since the information has to be entered exactly as it appears on my transcript. I've emailed CASPA with no response. 

I also need help with this 😢 Mine says the name of the exam, but it does not list the equivalent course or course title. Particularly stressed because some of them are prerequisite courses and I'm not sure if the schools I'm applying to will know this.  

My official transcripts were the same, only showing "AP transfer credit." So I reached out to the university and they provided me with an official AP Credit Letter that broke down my credits and what they were awarded for. For any school in CASPA that allows for documents, I just included the official letter. Not sure about the schools without a document section.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 5:23 PM, NitaBB said:

I contacted the school and they were able to give me the courses that the AP courses were given credit for and that's what I input on CASPA

I would contact CASPA about this since your application will likely be flagged if your courses do not match what was listed on the official transcript. 

On 6/13/2021 at 10:41 PM, nyankochan said:

I would contact CASPA about this since your application will likely be flagged if your courses do not match what was listed on the official transcript. 

If it's time-critical, I would probably list the course and include the supporting letter in your application package.

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2021 at 8:07 PM, NitaBB said:

The verification team entered mine as:

course code: AP

course title: advanced placement 

subject: Test Credit - No Subject

credits: # (enter the # units)

grade: CR

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

I'm in the same boat as all of you guys but the school I'm applying to says they'll only accept documents verified through CASPA so since the official transcript on CASPA sent from my school only lists my AP credits out as "AP credits" instead of listing out the courses, that there is no way to verify those courses. Anyone else having this issue?

This happened to me as well! When I contacted my school the registrar was willing to give me an official documentation with the list of the specific classes that I got credit for, but I didn't upload that to CASPA. In terms of the prereqs, I just chose the lumped AP credit part for each class. As far as I can tell, many schools don't actually check regarding the prereq (only just that it was filled out). I received interviews and an acceptance for schools that had AP credit as a prereq which I didn't have listed on my transcript specifically, I'll just have to provide that official documentation sheet with the courses on it that I mentioned to the school I am matriculating into in order to meet the prereqs. So don't stress! I was stressed about it but it didn't end up mattering

Just list EXACTLY what is on your transcript (ie. one 30 credit class called "AP Credit" or whatever it is listed as). I listed each course out separately at first but the CASPA people just changed it to what is on my transcript.

Edited by gamecockPA1999