2021-2022 Application Cycle

42 minutes ago, ecook said:

Just curious, are you guys from Wisconsin? Does anyone know if they give preference to people that are in-state or from somewhere close?

I am from Wisconsin but did not attend Marquette for undergrad. The following is on their FAQ page 
 “We accept a total of 75 students per year. 25 +/- 5 students are accepted from Marquette undergraduates with the other 50 +/- 5 students admitted from outside Marquette.”

It doesn’t seem like the prefer in state student since they are a private university, however they may get a higher ratio of in-state applicants to out of state.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 9:14 PM, ecook said:

Just curious, are you guys from Wisconsin? Does anyone know if they give preference to people that are in-state or from somewhere close?

I also received an interview invite and am an out of state applicant from Oregon. I don't think they have a preference beyond the Marquette undergraduates.

15 minutes ago, kayleej said:

Just finished my interview! It was awesome you guys will love it. They interview from today until November 2nd and do their admissions on a rolling basis with the first acceptances coming out late September/early October.

I’m interviewing on the 16th! Would you say the interview was high-stress or more conversational? I’m getting so nervous!

24 minutes ago, prepa2421 said:

I’m interviewing on the 16th! Would you say the interview was high-stress or more conversational? I’m getting so nervous!

It was more conversational. They did give me one "what would you do" scenario at the end though. They asked some typical interview questions but also asked me about things I had on my app that they wanted to know more about. The individual interview is 30 minutes long.