Good morning, 

Is anyone here a fan of discord? Apparently it's the trend for people to link up, communicate and network. I've gone through reddit and their r/physicianassistant forum however I think discord looks good too. The only PA run discord group I found is [Removed by admin]. Has anyone come across discord and can share their experience or do they know of any other discord groups?

6 hours ago, Reality Check 2 said:

Ok, I AM old.

WHAT IS DISCORD?

Totally confused.

Discord as a word is uber negative.

How is this different from other forums?

I guess I am old as well 🧓... WTH is a  discord? And why are they walking on my lawn!?! 😂😂😂 

Edited by Joelseff
  • Like 1

• Administrator

Discord is a multiplatform app based communication technology, with web interface too.  It's much cooler than Slack, because voice and video are built in.  It got started in the gaming community, so pretty much everything that can be played has its own discord channel, not just Fortnite and similar online FPSes.

I like discord.  I use discord.  I don't spam a bunch of people's discord servers with links to the PA Forums.

1 hour ago, rev ronin said:

Discord is a multiplatform app based communication technology, with web interface too.  It's much cooler than Slack, because voice and video are built in.  It got started in the gaming community, so pretty much everything that can be played has its own discord channel, not just Fortnite and similar online FPSes.

I like discord.  I use discord.  I don't spam a bunch of people's discord servers with links to the PA Forums.

I use discord all the time PC gaming with my two sons.  Yep, it rocks.

2 hours ago, rev ronin said:

Ahhh!.... Ummm.... What's "Slack" 🥴🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1