caspa confusions...

so i’m all ready to submit! except... i’m waiting on one last transcript from a community college i took 2 classes at. i’m pretty sure (99% sure) I know my grades for those classes because the final grades are on my canvas; that being said can i submit my apps without the last transcript being sent to CASPA yet but acting like i have no prerequisites in progress? (if that makes sense? i’d be inputting the canvas grade). 
I have some rolling schools I’d like to apply to and I’m worried ordering transcripts are going to take two weeks. But this is my first time applying so I’m not quite sure how the logistics of CASPA work (ie. “submitted” vs. “verified”?? haven’t seen it myself yet)

additionally for course matching, should we add all the courses that apply to the prerequisite? or our best one? (ie. if they just want one semester of general chemistry but I took Gen Chem 1 & 2, should I put both or the one with the better grade?) since i know pre req GPA is also a thing. 

thanks in advance!

Good morning !

So, regarding transcripts, CASPA is going to need all of them from each school you've attended to in order to begin your verification process. Depending on the school's requirement, they won't look at your application unless its considered submitted, complete, or verified. (you'll see this specified on a school's profile when you add them on your CASPA to be applied to)

Submitted= transcripts sent in and received, evaluations requested.

Complete=transcripts sent in and received, at least 2 evaluations completed and received by CASPA.

Verified=CASPA verified that transcript entry is accurate and follows rules of conduct.

* make sure when you do your transcript entry that classes, course codes, course credits, and grades are entered as they are on your transcript or you'll risk your app. being sent back to you for correction (which will take even longer) *including withdrawals

If you order your transcripts online, they should be quicker to be received by CASPA.

For course matching, I went ahead and added all the courses that match the pre-req requirement. CASPA is going to calculate your GPA for you, it's going to be the same (cumulative and science) for all of the schools you apply to.

Hope this helps and feel free to message me!

GOOD LUCK, YOU GOT THIS

You're right on time, be thorough, no need to feel rushed!

Edited by kb4949
meant attended, not applied to
  • Upvote 1