Interview for class of 2015

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go over some of the most common questions that they ask everywhere (Why PA, Why Salus, Strengths, Weaknesses, Patient Care experience that impacted you, etc) and practice answering these questions aloud and to other family/friends in a mock interview environment. Knowing a lot about the school before the interview always helps and shows your interest. Also do a google search of common med school/pa school interview questions and think about/practice how you would answer them.

(olychris) my interview is on sept. 18th I am pretty excited. If you find any helpful information about Salus send me a message, and I will do the same for you good luck. (marktheshark89) thank you for the info. I am running through questions right now, reading things on this forum and other sites and participating in as many mock interviews as possible. Hope it does the trick.

Kwied1, my advice would be to not stress yourself out studying common questions you find online. Know the basics for sure (Tell me a little bit about yourself, why do you want to be a PA, tell me one instance when you had a stressful situation and had to overcome it, if you knew of someone cheating in class what would you do, and of course whats your biggest weakness) also be able to describe anything you put on your application. Other than that, DON'T waste your time going over countless questions, just be yourself. Be prepared to ask three or four great questions about their PA program. Make a resume and bring five or six copies to hand out. Make sure you look good and dress like your going for a job interview (overdress is better than under).

No I don't have any idea when the first interview are, When I talked to them in June and asked when they would start interviewing, they told me 2 to 3 weeks after they get the new PA students going. Have you heard back from any of your other schools?

Kwied1: I havent applied just yet although it is my plan to do so. I met with the admissions department and was told that since the program offers rolling admissions, interviewing and accepting students early on, seats fill quickly and applicants should call to confirm slot availability before applying. A class of approximately 50 seats could easily be filled by now. Although they continue to send out interview offers to build a potential waitlist in the event that their "top picks" decline their offers and choose to go elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived