2021-2022 Application Cycle

6 minutes ago, oceanmedicinetravelpa said:

Hey sorry to keep asking but were you rejected outright or after an interview with duke? Thank you!

No worries! This was my second time applying to duke. The first time I was rejected quickly after I applied. Today I received an outright rejection again but it took longer for them to send it this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mikaelawhite said:

Congrats everyone!!!! Any rejections or new interview invites? Looks like the next interview date isn't until January 10th. I haven't heard anything. Also anyone accepted care to give your stats and/or when you submitted?

Praying that you get an invite! 
submitted my app May 16th

Stats:

BS in biology 
3.52 overall GPA
3.47science GPA
3.42 BCP GPA
3,700~ PCE (EMT, PCT, medical assistant)
1,000 HCE (caregiver, nursing assistant) 
300 hours of volunteer  

60 hrs of shadowing 2 PAs

1 hour ago, mikaelawhite said:

Congrats everyone!!!! Any rejections or new interview invites? Looks like the next interview date isn't until January 10th. I haven't heard anything. Also anyone accepted care to give your stats and/or when you submitted?

I submitted on 5/27. when they send you the invite, you get to pick what date you interview. I wouldn’t be too worried about not hearing back rn if you submitted later. their application process runs later than most programs.

stats:

GPA: cGPA: 3.7, sGPA: 3.63

PCE: ~2100 (cna, ma, medical brigades)

volunteering: ~430 (service fraternity in college, hospital volunteer, crisis text line volunteer, alternative service breaks in college)

shadowing: 100 (including virtual hours, shadowed 2 PAs) 

that being said I got the vibe that elon is holistic in their review process. stats are one thing but personal statement, CASPA experience descriptions, and the interview are important too. best of luck! 🙂 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikaelawhite said:

BS in Health Science. I submitted on July 8th. 

cGPA 3.74, SGPA 3.75, BCP 3.5

PCE: 6,500 as a Respiratory Therapist. 

Shadowing 50 hours. 

As mentioned, it appears that they evaluate each applicant as a whole. 

All the best to everyone who applied and waiting! 

Edited by JamericanPA