2021-2022 Application Cycle

No one had started the 2021-2022 application cycle thread so here it is! I'll go ahead and post my stats. 

Just Applied (5/22/21)

Applicant Profile

Personal Profile:

Sex: Male

State of Residence: MS (underserved/rural county)

Academic:

cGPA: 3.50

sGPA: 3.56

Post-bac cGPA (57 credit hours): 3.66

Post-bac sGPA (46 credit hours): 3.73

***Post-bac performed working full-time, and my wife and I had our baby at the beginning of it all.

Supporting Info:

PCE: ~1,500hrs (ER tech)

HCE: ~4,500hrs (patient transport)

Other relevant work experience: 2 years as a personal trainer

LOR’s: 5 total (1 PA, 1 physician mentor, 3 professors)

Shadowing: 60hrs PA (cardiology, psychiatry), 100+hrs physician (family medicine, internal medicine, pediatric, orthopedic, ER)

Volunteer: ~200hrs (online crisis counselor)

Leadership: 200hrs (president of American Medical Student Association, local chapter)

Research: 150hrs (community-based research and outreach)

Teaching Experience: ~50-60hrs (tutor for a semester)

I will keep this updated with any notices of verification, interview, acceptances, etc. 

Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, karafrazier said:

Hi! I was verified 7/6 and haven’t received a confirmation or a link to the Elon status page. Just wanted to see if everyone else was in the same boat or if I should be worried? 

If you don’t hear from them soon I would reach out to confirm they got your application. I was verified 6/8 and got a confirmation email from them on 6/28, but someone above said they submitted their application later and got the confirmation email right away

On 7/14/2021 at 10:23 AM, karafrazier said:

Hi! I was verified 7/6 and haven’t received a confirmation or a link to the Elon status page. Just wanted to see if everyone else was in the same boat or if I should be worried? 

I received an email stating they would download application materials early to mid august and email instructions on how to make an application portal late august. I hope that helps

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2021 at 9:23 AM, karafrazier said:

I have not received a confirmation email but I did receive the email stating that their application process will be differrent this year and to not expect to hear from them until they start downloading apps in early to mid August.

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2021 at 10:40 AM, estein1270 said:

If you don’t hear from them soon I would reach out to confirm they got your application. I was verified 6/8 and got a confirmation email from them on 6/28, but someone above said they submitted their application later and got the confirmation email right away

Thank you for the advice! I emailed them last night and they responded this morning saying they have received my application but no confirmations or further instructions would be sent out until mid August! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, OnMyWayToPA1270 said:

Does anyone else’s portal say that the school hasn’t received a LOR from a PA/medical provider? I have one in CASPA but my portal is saying it’s missing for some reason. 

All my letters are received on the portal’s end. They might be automatically going by the “occupation” section the letter writer fills out on CASPA (which my PA LOR initially forgot to fill out). I’m sure they can correct it if you let them know!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, scasper said:

Received a rejection from them today...good luck everyone!

I am sorry to hear that! I just received a rejection from Duke 😞  When did you apply? I have yet to hear from them.

Good luck though and keep your head up! There are plenty of schools to apply too. 

Edited by vert05
add more