2021-2022 Application Cycle

1 minute ago, stat1177 said:

Good to know! Thanks StephenPA.  You said you were a reapplicant, did they give you any feedback on what you could do to improve your chances for this cycle?

I got a generic email of things I can do to improve (grades, get more PCE or an even better type of PCE, etc.), they prioritize the quality of your PCE and how well you explain your interaction with PAs, MDs, and patients. They also said to apply early.

18 hours ago, ab007 said:

Received a rejection today (July 26th). Guess I was not a good match. 😞

Good luck to everyone with interviews 🙂  

I hope you find the perfect school for you! Good luck and don't give up, I am a second time applicant so I know exactly how it feels. Don't be discouraged and keep pushing through! Do u mind if I ask about your timeline? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, abbysolo said:

Received an email that I've been placed on an interview waitlist. This is the first admissions decision that I've received this cycle and I won't lie, it's pretty discouraging even though it's not an outright rejection!

I was placed on the interview waitlist last year! May I ask what your timeline was?

1 hour ago, brooke99 said:

What do we think it means if I got my confirmation on 5/24 and still haven't heard anything? Low expectations for this one right now 😞

I was confirmed on June 1st and still have not heard anything either. No news is better than bad new though. Don't get yourself down! They could also be still determining if they want to send you an invite! You never know

• Like 3

Guest ChicPA1

Hey everyone, 

This thread has been very helpful for me to stay updated. I wanted to return the favor and let you guys know I had received a waitlist for an interview email this time last year. I never heard back, I reapplied this year on 5/12, I interviewed on 7/21 and received my acceptance today! If you got that interview waitlist email don't lose hope, even though I had to reapply it truly means they are interested in you! 

2 minutes ago, finkra said:

Hey everyone, 

This thread has been very helpful for me to stay updated. I wanted to return the favor and let you guys know I had received a waitlist for an interview email this time last year. I never heard back, I reapplied this year on 5/12, I interviewed on 7/21 and received my acceptance today! If you got that interview waitlist email don't lose hope, even though I had to reapply it truly means they are interested in you! 

Congrats! That is so amazing, happy for you! Do you mind sharing your stats?

16 minutes ago, finkra said:

Hey everyone, 

YAY! congrats!!!

30 minutes ago, finkra said:

Ofc! 

Undergrad Major: Chemistry, Minor Biology

gpa: 3.0

sgpa: 3.1

PCE: 4,500 hrs (as a cna in rehab, carepartner in Transplant, and pca in LDRP birthing suites) 

Volunteer: 1080 hrs  

Research: 400 hrs bioinformatics

Shadowing: 50 hrs (transplant PA)

Letters of rec: Chemistry professor, Unit director/FNP, Transplant PA, and RN/coworker

Congrats! Transplant PA that sounds so interesting!

• Like 1

I have also used this forum to help me plan things out so just wanted to help anyone who is trying to figure out timelines as well. I submitted 5/30, received confirmation from them 6/1, Invited to interview 6/28, interviewed 7/21, and was accepted today. 

Good luck to everyone!! For every interview invite I have had, I have also had a rejection, it's such a subjective process and every school wants something different!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gwiley said:

For anyone who has had an interview, what is the format like? Is it group/individual? About how long did last?

They told me to expect to be there until 1, starting at 7:30. Just curious!

Yup! Pretty much expect to be there and "on" until 1. The format is completely MMI and individual. I believe there were 6-7 stations and they use breakout rooms on zoom to conduct the sessions. 

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 8:27 PM, ARLPrePA said:

I hit the 9 week mark since my confirmation email from Rush so I emailed regarding the status of my application (oops couldn't help it LOL). They said this cycle has been extremely busy so there are delays and that I will hear back in 2-4 weeks from now. Hoping for the best

I'm at 10 weeks myself...