2021-2022 Application Cycle

2 minutes ago, MaddieQ said:

@FuturePA1223@stat1177 I feel like with rolling admissions, no news after your 6 weeks is good news! Easier said than felt... but your application is probably competitive so they don't want to cut you off then decide they want to interview you. Trying to find a little sunshine- keep the faith!

Thanks for the encouragement:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaddieQ said:

@FuturePA1223@stat1177 I feel like with rolling admissions, no news after your 8 weeks is good news! Easier said than felt... but your application is probably competitive so they don't want to cut you off then decide they want to interview you. Trying to find a little sunshine- keep the faith!

I really appreciate that! Makes me feel better! Thank you☺️Good luck to everyone! I know this is such a stressful process but I am glad we have one another to encourage!

• Like 1

I just got an invite for an interview! The interview is on November 3rd!

I got an email saying that my biochem class wasn't sufficient enough for them, so I told them I will take it in the fall and they confirmed this and said my application was complete on 6/14, so exactly 6 weeks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gwiley said:

I got an email saying that my biochem class wasn't sufficient enough for them, so I told them I will take it in the fall and they confirmed this and said my application was complete on 6/14, so exactly 6 weeks!

Congrats! That's awesome for you!

1 minute ago, abbysolo said:

Received an email that I've been placed on an interview waitlist. This is the first admissions decision that I've received this cycle and I won't lie, it's pretty discouraging even though it's not an outright rejection!

I can relate; I got put on an interview waitlist for RF

1 hour ago, gwiley said:

Congrats!! 🙂 Do you mind sharing your stats?

This is in response to those who got put on the interview waitlist.  I am just guessing here but I don't think those are ranked like when being put on the waitlist after interviewing.  I am guessing they compare each application to each new ones that come in but I could be totally wrong on this, it's just a guess.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gudetamagirl said:

Congrats!! 🙂 Do you mind sharing your stats?

Of course! My undergrad GPA was low so I got my Masters, and have taken a few post-bacc courses too.
Major Kinesiology; Masters Kinesiology (exercise science)

Undergrad GPA: 3.17
Grad GPA: 3.65
Overall sGPA: 3.29

PCE: 3600 hours as an orthopedic medical assistant. Location has 20 doctors, and 14 PAs who I work closely              with
         560 hours as a scribe/ma at a rheumatology clinic

Research: Thesis - 520 hours
Shadowing: 150 hours. I shadow the PAs at my job about 1-2 hours every week since I started working here
Teaching: ~1100 hours. I was a grad TA as well as a kinesiology instructor at a massage therapy school
Volunteer: ~500 hours

Just now, Keshipley said:

My app was verified 6/11 and I haven’t heard yet either. Odd that people who submitted after or around the same time as us have heard already.

for what it's worth, my first correspondence with Rush last year was well after the 10 week mark and it was an interview invite...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StephenPA said:

for what it's worth, my first correspondence with Rush last year was well after the 10 week mark and it was an interview invite...

Good to know! Thanks StephenPA.  You said you were a reapplicant, did they give you any feedback on what you could do to improve your chances for this cycle?