South University - West Palm Beach 2021-2022 Application cycle

22 hours ago, Patricia5827 said:

What are your stats? I see your gpa is close to mine and you’ve gotten a lot of interviews already

cGPA: 3.25

sGPA: 3.35

GRE: 157 V and 156 Q

PCE: ~1600 EMT, ~2500 CNA

HCE: 800 Pt transport

Leadership: ~200 hours

Shadowing: 24 hours

LOR: surgical PA, Nurse Supervisor, Professor

2 hours ago, Thomas763 said:

Cool, just checking. I already have an offer from another program that emphasizes PBL, but if South is doing the same, and I don't have to move that would be ideal.

Every PA program should have some emphasis on PBL because clinical decision-making is vital to practicing medicine. So, anywhere you go, including South, would have this in some form. OSCEs are an ARC-PA requirement, I believe. That is literally where you are tested and graded on a PBL scenario - you have to apply the skills and knowledge you've learned thus far to a specific complaint. At South, you will start these OSCEs in quarter 2.

Yes, I am a current student. If you have any other questions, let me know! 🙂

2 hours ago, Asmgc123 said:

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you were verified ?

Verified 5/19

cGPA 3.61

science 3.58

GRE V161/Q158/W4.5

PCE 3350

shadowing 96

Volunteering 230

research 875

and 5 letters of rec, two from PAs

only interview advice is to be yourself and be casual! They’re very conversational and everyone is super sweet

• Like 2

5 hours ago, neworleansfan said:

Congrats! I just got waitlisted from that interview. Really bummed especially cause I thought it went really well 😞 I hope I receive exciting news in the future, but I am so happy for you!!

Don't be too bummed! It was not a denial and there are a good chunk of people from my class who were placed on the waitlist initially. There is certainly still a chance of acceptance. No guarantees but just wanna remind you it's not over 🙂