2021-2022 Application cycle

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Nat97 said:

Has anyone heard back from the 2/24 interviews? I know they said that this week they would get back to us!

I interviewed 03/01 but I know she told us that we would hear back by next Friday.

Looking at the others on the thread who have heard back, the average waiting time seems to be around 12 days. 

• 8 months later...

Hey guys! I was recently accepted into Nova Jax and I am super excited to attend, but I wanted to ask you all some questions:

-We received some financial aid information and tuition costs, and it says about $94k just for Year 1 for tuition and all other fees including rent. Does this seem to be accurate for those of you who are living alone and paying your own expenses?

-What does the average week look like? What days are your exams typically on?

-What's the daily dress code or expectation? Want to make sure I buy the right stuff. Should I buy my own scrubs, or will we receive Nova-specific scrubs?

-How do you guys feel about the program? Do you feel prepared for clinical year?

-When are breaks typically between semesters? 

-Any general tips you can offer before starting or anything you wish you knew before starting?

Thank you all for your help, I am so excited to meet some of you guys

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 9:35 AM, Ajh20 said:

Hey guys! I was recently accepted into Nova Jax and I am super excited to attend, but I wanted to ask you all some questions:

-We received some financial aid information and tuition costs, and it says about $94k just for Year 1 for tuition and all other fees including rent. Does this seem to be accurate for those of you who are living alone and paying your own expenses?

-What's the daily dress code or expectation? Want to make sure I buy the right stuff. Should I buy my own scrubs, or will we receive Nova-specific scrubs?

-How do you guys feel about the program? Do you feel prepared for clinical year?

-Any general tips you can offer before starting or anything you wish you knew before starting?

Hey I am currently in the class of 2024 at Nova jax. Feel free to message me! 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2022 at 9:35 AM, Ajh20 said:

Hey there, in case you haven't gotten a response yet...

- Yes, the tuition costs and other expenses sounds about right at $94K, maybe a little low, but generally a good ballpark for someone living single/with a roommate

- Average week is M-F, 8-5 classes, with exams on M, W, F each week from 8-10am. There's some mild variance but you can plan with this schedule.

- The daily dress code for the next class coming in will be navy blue scrubs. You have to buy your own - they will need to be embroidered/monogrammed by the program, so just hold onto them until the class collects scrub tops for embroidery. I own three pair.

- I love the program - and while I haven't started the clinical rotations, I feel pretty confident about it.

- The breaks are a little bit varied: In the summer you get 2 weeks off in the middle of August. In December you get 3 weeks off (~mid December til 1st week of Jan); in Spring you get one week at the end of Feb, and then 1-2 weeks at the beginning of May. Repeat cycle...

- Tips before starting: take the vacation you want/need! It starts off pretty intense and the intensity goes on through the whole didactic year. The first semester is a lot of physiology review, so you don't need to brush up on that before you start (bc you'll do it in June). But if you really want to dig into something, I recommend 2 things: brushing up on Med Terminology, and digging through the PA Historical Society's website to learn more about the beginnings and development of the profession.

Congrats on being accepted and we look forward to meeting you!

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 3:06 PM, billdwebster said:

Hey there, in case you haven't gotten a response yet...

- Yes, the tuition costs and other expenses sounds about right at $94K, maybe a little low, but generally a good ballpark for someone living single/with a roommate

- Average week is M-F, 8-5 classes, with exams on M, W, F each week from 8-10am. There's some mild variance but you can plan with this schedule.

- The daily dress code for the next class coming in will be navy blue scrubs. You have to buy your own - they will need to be embroidered/monogrammed by the program, so just hold onto them until the class collects scrub tops for embroidery. I own three pair.

- I love the program - and while I haven't started the clinical rotations, I feel pretty confident about it.

- The breaks are a little bit varied: In the summer you get 2 weeks off in the middle of August. In December you get 3 weeks off (~mid December til 1st week of Jan); in Spring you get one week at the end of Feb, and then 1-2 weeks at the beginning of May. Repeat cycle...

- Tips before starting: take the vacation you want/need! It starts off pretty intense and the intensity goes on through the whole didactic year. The first semester is a lot of physiology review, so you don't need to brush up on that before you start (bc you'll do it in June). But if you really want to dig into something, I recommend 2 things: brushing up on Med Terminology, and digging through the PA Historical Society's website to learn more about the beginnings and development of the profession.

Congrats on being accepted and we look forward to meeting you!

Thank you so much for replying!! I’m so excited to meet everyone and get going!

• Upvote 1